saving file as .p

Emulator and emulator development specific topics
zx81user

saving file as .p

Post by zx81user »

I wonder how I can save a file as .p in the EightyOne emulator. It seems I can only save to a "tape" file (tzx) but i'd like to load it as a .p into ZX-IDE and then transfer to the zeddy.

Michel
Paul

Re: saving file as .p

Post by Paul »

This depends on which version you are running.
If it is the latest with zxpand support you can activate this support. You need to specify. Directory that zxpand uses. Then SAVE"TEST" creates test.p in this directory.
Otherwise clear the tape in the tapemanager so it's empty. Then SAVE"TEST" will create a entry in the tapemanager.
In the tapemanager you can save the tape to disk. If it has only one file, this is a .P file.
Good luck!
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
Andy Rea

Post by Andy Rea »

in the tape manager you need to delete all but the file you wish to save as a .P then on the save dialog in the dropdown box select .P

Andy
what's that Smell.... smells like fresh flux and solder fumes...
zx81user

Post by zx81user »

Thanks! I knew it had to be something simple ;)

Michel
angus

Post by angus »

I'm still struggling to get a program from Eighty One into the .P format

Could someone further explain the steps mentioned above? I can't find a version of Eighty One later than 1.0a and it doesn't have any ZXPand support.
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

EightyOne with ZXpand support appears in the first post of:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=477
angus

Post by angus »

Many thanks for the link. I am still having trouble taking as a .p could someone explain it more clearly?
karingal

Post by karingal »

I've been trying to add saving .p files to Spud81. Whilst I can quite easily patch the ROM, type SAVE "file" which will then bring up a dialog box and then successfully save a file which will LOAD back into Spud81 I'd like to be able to click on a menu item (Save File) and automagically save to a .p file.
All attempts to far have proved fruitless, to save more wasted time, is this possible or should I give up now and just add snapshot support for other less used formats (i.e. .Z81, .D81 etc).
dr beep

Post by dr beep »

AFAIK .P is the save state. So when giving SAVE the program will resume with NXTLIN and a piece of BASIC.
Suppose you want to save my running 1K hires. It can not be saved as .P since the BASIC-loader (and most likely also NCTLIN) will be overwritten for other use.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Maybe this link will help a little.

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.