Hello from Sweden

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
Crud3

Hello from Sweden

Post by Crud3 »

My journey into the world of Sinclair computers started with my older brother getting a ZX80 back in 1980 when he visited the UK!
He gave that to me when he later moved on to the ZX81 and I still have it to this day together with an original ZX80 16K rampack!
Other Sinclair computers in my collection is the ZX81 with 16K rampack and printer, a ZX Spectrum 48K, a Sinclair QL and a Cambridge Computer Z88!
I also recently got into ZX81 clones in the form of a Your Computer/Lambda 8300!
1024MAK

Re: Hello from Sweden

Post by 1024MAK »

Hello and welcome to our forum Crud3!

:D :D :D

I hope you enjoy this forum :D

There’s not many here who have an original ZX80, let alone one from new!

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
David G

Post by David G »

hej crud3

I can still picture the advertisement for the ZX80 when I was 16 years old. It was the first computer i could possibly afford if I saved. I was intrigued about using the little buttons to enter arcane commands (I had not used a computer at that time)

then when the ZX81 came out, at a price that I definitely could afford, I ordered the kit from Sinclair in New York. When it arrived it took me four nights to assemble it. Even though it was my first time soldering anything, it worked!
Crud3

Post by Crud3 »

Hello!

Thought I would share a little "Family Photo" here! :)

Here are my original ZX80 with ZX80 16K rampack and manual, another ZX80 with the original Sinclair modification to work as a ZX81 and replacement keyboard overlay (in a 3D printed case), ZX81 with printer and manual and top row is the Z88 with manual!

And... They are all working perfectly! :D
Last edited by Crud3 on Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crud3

Post by Crud3 »

Technically it is not a computer but also need to get this one on display here! :)

Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Crud3 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:06 pm Hello!

Thought I would share a little "Family Photo" here! :)

Here are my original ZX80 with ZX80 16K rampack and manual, another ZX80 with the original Sinclair modification to work as a ZX81 and replacement keyboard overlay (in a 3D printed case), ZX81 with printer and manual and top row is the Z88 with manual!

And... They are all working perfectly! :D

Nice collection and an equally nice later ABS cased ZX80. (Are you sure the other one is a 3D printed one as it looks suspiciously like an original early vacuum formed case)

Also for those curious enough to see how bad the Sinclair scientific calculator was, an online emulator can be found here..

http://files.righto.com/calculator/sinc ... lator.html
Crud3

Post by Crud3 »

Hello,
Yes the ZX80 that has been ”upgraded” to a ZX81 is infact in a 3D printed case.
/Anders