Eightyone and Hires Pacman issue.

Emulator and emulator development specific topics
mrtinb

Re: Eightyone and Hires Pacman issue.

Post by mrtinb »

EightyOne has the last years been updated by Paul Farrow, creator of the Chroma 81Interface.

And the original creator of EightyOne has come back, and is currently a new cross-platform version of EightyOne.
Martin
https://zx.rtin.be
ZX81, Lambda 8300, Commodore 64, Mac G4 Cube
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

mrtinb wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:43 pm EightyOne has the last years been updated by Paul Farrow, creator of the Chroma 81Interface.

And the original creator of EightyOne has come back, and is currently a new cross-platform version of EightyOne.
Charlie Robson (Sir Morris) has also contributed greatly to the continuance of this emulator and should also be mentioned.
BarryN

Post by BarryN »

Moggy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:42 pm It only runs on older versions of SZ-81 for windows XP not the later or Zxpand versions however the noCash emulator runs it just fine.

Edit.

just noticed a bit of screen"debris" in the horizontal plane as pac man moves.
I am using the latest version of SZ81 (2.3.11) on my Mac and it runs fine there. Did you try the windows version I linked?
BarryN

Post by BarryN »

Moggy

Post by Moggy »

BarryN wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:52 pm
Moggy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:42 pm It only runs on older versions of SZ-81 for windows XP not the later or Zxpand versions however the noCash emulator runs it just fine.

Edit.

I am using the latest version of SZ81 (2.3.11) on my Mac and it runs fine there. Did you try the windows version I linked?
The link won't open for me (win10 using Chrome) the screen just blinks then nothing which it tends to do with un-secure sites.
BarryN

Post by BarryN »

Moggy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:29 pm
BarryN wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:52 pm

Edit.

The link won't open for me (win10 using Chrome) the screen just blinks then nothing which it tends to do with un-secure sites.
It not HTTPS, it's regular HTTP. Try a different browser?
dr beep

Post by dr beep »

Working with EO 1.9
pacman.jpg
Mclaneinc

Post by Mclaneinc »

OOO...Where does one get that :) <----Ignore

Just found it, the site seems to list older releases first or is it just that the numbers of the release don't match how new they are?

Just got 1.9 and as dr beep says, it works, as does the invaders game..

Excellent, thank you dr beep and all the people who stepped in to help.

Paul.. Happy as a pig in er er er
Fruitcake

Post by Fruitcake »

A new version of EightyOne (v1.24) has been released that resolves the display issue seen with HiRes Pacman and HiRes Invaders.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Fruitcake wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:48 pm A new version of EightyOne (v1.24) has been released that resolves the display issue seen with HiRes Pacman and HiRes Invaders.
Thank you so much Paul for maintaining the EightyOne emulator and solving our problems!
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.