Greetings from Walt Disney World (...closed)

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
AlmightyTodd

Post by AlmightyTodd »

Hi everyone!

I'm an occasional poster over at AtariAge. The first microcomputer I had experience with was a TRS-80 that I could experiment with in the Radio Shack store if the staff was busy helping customers. The first computer I actually OWNED was a Timex/Sinclair 1000 because, well - it was inexpensive enough to actually own!

I've been a professional software developer/engineer since 1993 but I still like to come back to the ZX81/TS 1000 (...in emulation) when I want to program just for the fun of it... ...just to see if I can figure out a way to do something and then maybe a better way. I'm looking forward to participating here as I continue to learn more about this delightful little piece of personal computing history.

Cheers!
XavSnap

Re: Greetings from Walt Disney World (...closed)

Post by XavSnap »

Welcome AlmightyTodd !
:lol:
May be a mistake, the topic steel open…

:roll:

Have Fun in our fantastic world… Covid free...
Xavier ...on the Facebook groupe : "Zx81 France"(fr)
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Welcome from me too AlmightyTodd. :D

The forums here are a fantastic repository for theZX80/81/TS1000 plus a lot of knowledgable gurus (not me!!)
who will answer any questions you may have.

Rich Mellor who created the forums also has a retro computing/vintage electronics sales site with many interesting things on offer....

https://www.sellmyretro.com

It's a fun time for the little computer at the moment what with the ZXpand which has 32k of onboard ram, is also an SD card load/save device and comes with AY 3 channel music chip built in or 6 channel with turbo board addition. It is also cable of serial output and a MIDI software player has been created by the ZXpands designer Charlie Robson (Sir Morris) Thanks to Andy Rea we also have UDG facility and colour thanks to Paul Farrow and his Chroma device. just to name a few.

So lots to be getting on with there so again welcome aboard.

Moggy.
AlmightyTodd

Post by AlmightyTodd »

XavSnap wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:33 am Welcome AlmightyTodd !
:lol:
May be a mistake, the topic steel open…

:roll:

Have Fun in our fantastic world… Covid free...
Hi! This Topic is open, but Walt Disney World (where I work) is closed right now!