Backing up Wilf Rigter's Website

General Chit Chat about Sinclair Computers and their Clones
blittled

Backing up Wilf Rigter's Website

Post by blittled »

I was making my own copy of Wilf's website http://www.user.dccnet.com/wrigter/ and I noticed some broken links such as the picture of the schematic for the Son of Zon. Does anyone have a backup of the website or where the missing files are? Thanks.
2X Timex Sinclair 1000, ZX81, ZX80Core, 5X 16K Ram Pack, ZXBlast, ZX P file to Ear Input Signal Converter, Elf II
blittled

Re: Backing up Wilf Rigter's Website

Post by blittled »

I just checked the Wayback Machine and looked at the saved site in January 2006 and noticed the links is broken there too. That probably means those links were never there.
2X Timex Sinclair 1000, ZX81, ZX80Core, 5X 16K Ram Pack, ZXBlast, ZX P file to Ear Input Signal Converter, Elf II
blittled

Re: Backing up Wilf Wrigter's Website

Post by blittled »

I just cleaned up the pages and made relative links so you can unzip the file from my dropbox (see next post) and view.
Last edited by blittled on Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blittled

Post by blittled »

The above post has the pictures for the ZX97Lite missing so the link has been removed. The corrected files are at https://www.dropbox.com/s/tsohz3gxrajc1 ... 2.zip?dl=0
RetroTechie

Post by RetroTechie »

Email sent... :P
iturbez

Post by iturbez »

Good job!
Thanks!
blittled

Post by blittled »

Thanks iturbez.
Thanks RetroTechie, for emailing your back up to me. I went through my backup with Kompozer and replaced the ? with space and it looked good in Echo and Firefox on my Linux and Windows 10. I forgot the easy solution was to change utf8 to western :oops: .

RetroTechie's backup is complete and cleaner than mine so I put it in my dropbox and you can get it at https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewop992480t9w ... r.zip?dl=0
RetroTechie

Post by RetroTechie »

When trying to email blittled my backup of Wilf's site, Gmail refused to send the archive (also recipients using Gmail would have been blocked from downloading that .zip as attachment).

I narrowed down the issue to a little MS-DOS program called ROMKEY.EXE (contained in ROMKEY.ZIP), which is used in a ZX81 <-> PC keyboard / data transfer project. Turns out ClamAV virus scanner thinks there's a trojan in it (99,99% sure it's a false positive). On Virustotal.com, ClamAV is the only engine among 60+ who thinks so. Anyway I suspect that ClamAV's flagging might be the reason for the Gmail troubles.

Due to how annoyed I was about Gmail's flat-out REFUSAL to send this archive (not just a warning, but simply no-go even if you know what you're doing :evil: ) with no easy workaround, and the fact that others may hit the same problem, I decided to report this false positive & upload this ROMKEY.EXE to ClamAV website.

Let's hope they resolve this - stay tuned!