Took me almost 40 years...

Introduce yourself to your fellow forum members - what was your journey into the Sinclair world?
new666uk

Took me almost 40 years...

Post by new666uk »

...from seeing my first rubber key Spectrum that my uncle Jack had in the early 80's to buying my own +2 this week. I was about 5 and had never seen a computer before and was fascinated that it could do things on TV that you could change and interact with, not just watch.

I recall begging him to load up breakout (or some clone thereof) and being told he hadn't got time to go and get all the bricks from the garden.

Through the late 80's and my mates have had various Spectrum. I ended up with an MSX before moving to an ST and beyond.

I finally bought a boxed Spectrum +2 this week and am eagerly waiting getting home to pick it up and see what it can do! I assume the first thing will be check it works then probably look at an SD card. After that who knows!

Paul
Paul

Re: Took me almost 40 years...

Post by Paul »

Welcome to our forums.
kind regards paul
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Welcome on board Paul!

:D :D :D

Hello. A warm welcome to Sinclair ZX World.

I hope you have fun here :D

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
new666uk

Post by new666uk »

Thanks both!