Requesting Help to Load a .WAV file.

Discussion about ZX80 / ZX81 Software
Jgubash

Re: Requesting Help to Load a .WAV file.

Post by Jgubash »

A couple cover pictures.
Attachments
Games_Pack.jpg
Budget_Manager.jpg
TMAOne

Post by TMAOne »

Interim report,...

I had thought that with my Scrubber-Dubber, ZXpand, and Andy's ingenious little tape scraper program I could do this ease, but I can't seem to load from that file either. Looking at the .wav file with Audacity (free PC software), it is severely clipped. Sounds good to the ear, but the clipping throws the ZX81.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but could you try to record the tape again with a lower volume setting? I'm confident that I can then post P's and "fresh" .wav's for whatever lies within with little effort on my part.
TMAOne

Post by TMAOne »

Yah,... I tried, but I can't "un-clip" the waveform. It needs to be re-recorded.

The good news is that it's pretty clean otherwise. Just a lower volume setting will fix it.

Ian
Andy Rea

Post by Andy Rea »

TMAOne wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:24 pm Interim report,...

I had thought that with my Scrubber-Dubber, ZXpand, and Andy's ingenious little tape scraper program I could do this ease, but I can't seem to load from that file either. Looking at the .wav file with Audacity (free PC software), it is severely clipped. Sounds good to the ear, but the clipping throws the ZX81.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but could you try to record the tape again with a lower volume setting? I'm confident that I can then post P's and "fresh" .wav's for whatever lies within with little effort on my part.
wasn't me... Sir Morris also wrote the tape scrape program... i had a go at loading this program also. i was able to load in eighty one without error but the program still fails to run correctly.

if your able to get this utility running it might help.. http://www.zx81stuff.org.uk/zx81/tapeut ... rview.html

regards Abdy
what's that Smell.... smells like fresh flux and solder fumes...
TMAOne

Post by TMAOne »

Andy Rea wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:48 pm wasn't me... Sir Morris also wrote the tape scrape program...
Whoops! Sorry Sir Morris!
I'll go drive ZX81's under my own fingernails now.