EightyOne 1.0

Emulator and emulator development specific topics
Mike

Re: EightyOne 1.0

Post by Mike »

yerzmyey,

EO plays AY fine* on both XP and Vista here. However, I did find a couple of bugs with OUTD/OUTIR instruction which stopped *some* AY tunes playing. If no AY music at all is working, then there must be another problem somewhere.

It's strange though. If beeper sound works but not AY, the problem must be before the directsound part of EO (The beeper and AY is mixed into one buffer before this stage), so it should either work on everyones PC, or no-ones...

But, yes, I am looking into it for you.

Mike

*For all definitions of "fine" which include out of tune and slightly distorted :)
yerzmyey

Post by yerzmyey »

Thx, man.
You know, fo me it's just a curiosity, but for Gasman it's important if he would like to make any tests with converting AY music from Spectrum to ZX81.
IN NIHILUM REVERTERIS - a big text-adventure game for ZX81: http://tiny.pl/g2m6m
"MONOCHROME" issue 5 - (Spring 2014) free paper/PDF magazine about ZX81: http://tiny.pl/q2m44
ZX81 COMPETITIONS 2007/2009: http://zx81.republika.pl/
gus

Post by gus »

sirmorris wrote:
gus wrote:
In a new debugger It will be great to have separate DUMP Memory windows, windows that one can set position and contents (memory area) so the debugger can refresh those windows on BREAKPOINTS and on the STEP by STEP operation, ideally the feature of set "memory casting" I mean bit, bytes, word, string, BCD, etc :) yeas I now it a lot of features but I tell it here just to guide the development.
You mean like this ?? :D

Yeah !!! just like this !!!! :) :) :)
James brown already say it but... Just Keep on the good foot

Do you need a Beta tester ????
Here is one available :) :) :)

Gus
XavSnap

Post by XavSnap »

Hi Mike...
And the direct access of VB81 ... in a directory.

I *could* do this... but VB81 only deals with 1 ROM. Would VB81 still allow this if you replaced ZX81.ROM with ZX80.ROM, or TREE4TH.ROM, or AZMITH.ROM etc. ? Writing code to intercept load/save for every ROM included in EO is a huge effort which I'm not sure is really worth it.
True! Eo is a Spectrum emulator too!

I just want to point the "tape window"
In Xtender (and Vb81 Not XuR), you can have a direct access to the hard disk...
You had to set a directory, and you can type Load"myprogr"
In Eo, you had to open the file, and type load"" ... but, if a slave file is called in the basic programme, you had to "ADD" this P file. ex.: a loader basic program!

:idea: Is it possible to make a virtual TZX using a Dos Folder?

The Xtender grafic screen ...

Xtender was good 10 years ago, but today what does it offer that EO doesn't? (Except performance on low end PCs)
Xtender seel good ... but... EO is realy better.

... a full screen when i press "escape"

Aha! A bug... What OS are you using? And won't it do fullscreen in either GDI or DirectDraw mode? Which graphics card does your PC have?
Juste a joke!
This :idea: function works properly... But, i had to find "Full screen" in the "Display" pop-up menu!!!
Is it possible to add it ... to avoid to find this function the next time? :oops:

Thanks,

:P Sirmorris : The memory viewer is pretty good! (wonderfull ... a WinHex look!)
Xavier ...on the Facebook groupe : "Zx81 France"(fr)
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

/me takes a bow

my pleasure!

I'm working on adding symbol file support. I use telemark (tasm) and that will be the first format to add. As I haven't used other assemblers on the '81 I'd like a sample of symbol files from other projects if people wouldn't mind. I'm not going for comprehensive support of every file format there is, but if there's enough support for one or two formats I'll add those.
gus

Post by gus »

sirmorris wrote:... As I haven't used other assemblers on the '81 I'd like a sample of symbol files from other projects if people wouldn't mind. I'm not going for comprehensive support of every file format there is, but if there's enough support for one or two formats I'll add those.
Hi sirmorris,
Look the PASMO assembler is a good candidate I think, because it works on both Linux and Win platforms, and comes with complete source code.

The simbols file formt is really straightforward too, just a plain file with a line per symbol. Each line is composed by 3 columns: symbol name, "EQU" constant and the address in hex format 5 digits and a final "H" char

I belive that will be a good choice to support pasmo file format :)

sample:

start EQU 04393H

Gus
Andy Rea

Post by Andy Rea »

This is really Good Work SirMorris, i'm looking forward to having a play with all these new features :D

Andy
what's that Smell.... smells like fresh flux and solder fumes...
XavSnap

Post by XavSnap »

Hi !

Now, We can save the bottom memory at 2000h to 4000h in a "Z81" file!
(UDG and ROMs)
Thanks !
:D

Note: Mine is corrupt ! :oops:
Update 23/05/2008
:!: I had to force the "Allow memory 8-16k" to True... to debug it !
But, there's a leek in Z81 files ...
Xavier ...on the Facebook groupe : "Zx81 France"(fr)