Does anyone have this brochure?

ZX80 / ZX81 hardware and software requested for either sale or swapping
msellan

Does anyone have this brochure?

Post by msellan »

Hi everyone,

I saw this listing on ebay for a ZX80 and don't recognize the brochure in the upper left.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Sinclai ... 921363890

I'm hoping someone here recognizes it and has a copy so it could be scanned and preserved. I'm afraid my friends and family will carry me off in a straightjacket if I buy another ZX80 :oops: - especially if it's mainly for the brochure. :shock: :ugeek:

Best,

-mark
3 ZX80s (1 UK issue 2, 1 US issue 2 & 1 US issue 1), 5 ZX81s, 1 TS1000, 2 Memotech 16k RAM,
2 ZX81 16k RAM, 2 TS 16k RAM, 1 ZX81 unbuilt kit, 1 TS2040 printer, 2+ ZX8-CCB and counting
msellan

Re: Does anyone have this brochure?

Post by msellan »

I realized the listing expired when the machine sold - here is the image from the listing. I think it might be the folded schematic that was available from Sinclair? I've never seen one of those but I know they were available??
msellan wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 3:53 am Hi everyone,

I saw this listing on ebay for a ZX80 and don't recognize the brochure in the upper left.
s-l1600q.jpg
(104.9 KiB) Downloaded 695 times
I'm hoping someone here recognizes it and has a copy so it could be scanned and preserved. I'm afraid my friends and family will carry me off in a straightjacket if I buy another ZX80 :oops: - especially if it's mainly for the brochure. :shock: :ugeek:

Best,

-mark
3 ZX80s (1 UK issue 2, 1 US issue 2 & 1 US issue 1), 5 ZX81s, 1 TS1000, 2 Memotech 16k RAM,
2 ZX81 16k RAM, 2 TS 16k RAM, 1 ZX81 unbuilt kit, 1 TS2040 printer, 2+ ZX8-CCB and counting
amigaman07

Post by amigaman07 »

Interesting...

I have Flicked the Seller an email, to see if he can Contact the Buyer, and possibly grab a "Scanned Copy" for us and email it to me.

Watch this space...

"Hi gingin.

My name is Darren and I am a member of the ZX80 / ZX81 Site.

We noticed you recently sold a Nice ZX80 Computer and was wondering if you could help us out with a Small Favour?

The Brochure in the Top Left of your Listing Picture is Not familiar to us.

If your Buyer has left Positive Feedback and is Happy with their purchase, as I am sure they are, could you possibly ask them to SCAN a Copy of the Brochure for us and maybe email us a Copy?

We would like to Preserve this RARE Info for prosperity, and would really appreciate the assist.

Cheers in advance.

Darren"

Old Chinese Proverb... "If you Don't Ask, You Don't Get!" :lol:

Darren in OZ
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

I guess the guy proposed to buy this item and make the scan yourself after. :mrgreen:
msellan

Post by msellan »

PokeMon wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 1:31 pm I guess the guy proposed to buy this item and make the scan yourself after. :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: Yes, I should try this approach more often!
MaFli

Post by MaFli »

amigaman07 wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 1:41 am Interesting...

I have Flicked the Seller an email, to see if he can Contact the Buyer, and possibly grab a "Scanned Copy" for us and email it to me.

Watch this space...
No worries guys. I'm the one that bought this item :-) It is currently in transit to the Netherlands. I have a bunch of ZX/QL machines here, but I never owned a ZX80 before. I will let you know what is in the package when it arrives.

Watch this space... :-)

*edit

And according to the description it is indeed a large fold-out of the schematic. Let's wait and see...
msellan

Post by msellan »

MaFli wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 5:20 pm
No worries guys. I'm the one that bought this item :-) It is currently in transit to the Netherlands. I have a bunch of ZX/QL machines here, but I never owned a ZX80 before. I will let you know what is in the package when it arrives.

*edit

And according to the description it is indeed a large fold-out of the schematic. Let's wait and see...
Yay!! I was hoping that the new lucky owner of this would show up here. :D

Best,

-mark
MaFli

Post by MaFli »

msellan wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 4:55 am
MaFli wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 5:20 pm

*edit

Yay!! I was hoping that the new lucky owner of this would show up here. :D

Best,

-mark
Coincidence again :-) As far as I can track the package, it should arrive next Tuesday.
MaFli

Post by MaFli »

It just arrived! Needs a good bath of retrobrite :-) And no clue if it is still working...
But... the brochure came with it and it contains the schematic on one side and system variables on the other side. And also instructions on how to make a composite video signal and how to make reverse video.
The schematic is the same as the ones that are floating around internet. Haven't seen the rear side yet. Here are a few quick snapshots that I took with my phone.
Anyway, time to crack this thing open to see if I can get it to life!

*EDIT it's alive!
Is is worth scanning the leaflet or has someone already done that?
Attachments
A843F949-27C7-486D-9A9B-9EB1DA273494.JPG
(2.54 MiB) Downloaded 532 times
8745CD0D-CA9A-4252-A248-13D97FD1DFC7.JPG
(2.48 MiB) Downloaded 532 times
amigaman07

Post by amigaman07 »

Hi MaFli.

Sounds like you got a Good Buy, and it is Great News that the ZX80 is Working!

Did it come with Original White Power Supply, as these are Extremely Rare now.

Scan, Yes Please.

If you could Scan it, Hi RES, and have the Scan available for those who would like to Private Message you, then this would be Great.

Take Care with that Retrobright, It is strong Stuff and Can Fade Text if left on for too long! :cry:

Darren