Byte-Back RAM Module

ZX80 / ZX81 hardware and software offered for sale or swapping
jegs2

Byte-Back RAM Module

Post by jegs2 »

In case anyone is interested, here you go.
Zschopower

Re: Byte-Back RAM Module

Post by Zschopower »

99,99$ :o :shock: :lol:

Sorry, but I could not resist. ;)

Peter
BrunoFlorindo

Post by BrunoFlorindo »

Not sure if you're the one selling it or someone else, but I would like to give a few suggestions that might help attract a larger number of potential buyers when trying to sell Sinclair material. I say "you" but I understand it might be someone else who's selling it.

-Don't start an auction with a high bid. That makes buyers go away even before they read the description. Start with the minimum that would be acceptable. Byteback stuff might be rare nowadays, but 16K ram modules aren't, and the Byte-Back one doesn't really offer any advantage (except for the collector (like me) who wants to have everything that company ever sold). Real Sinclair users already know what a fair price is, and they're your target audience. If you set it too high right when you start an auction, you greatly reduce your chances of selling it.
-If $99.99 sounds like a fair price to you, add it as a "Buy it now" option. Most of the time people will make a fast decision , decide to bite the bullet and click "buy it now" just to make sure they don't lose their chance. It's better than keeping an eye on an auction, or using third-party software to try to win it.
-It does look like it's in excellent condition, but you set a minimum price of $99.99 for something untested, where they can buy a tested ram module for 10 times less. Potential buyers may be willing to pay more though, if the item has been tested. You could test it on the TS1500 you have (if you haven't sent it to SirMorris yet). The TS1500 already built-in 16K ram, but when you use a ram module you add another 16K. I do not remember how to run the check to confirm it but someone here might remember.
-You did offer the option for a refund minus shipping, which is always a good thing.

Good luck! :)
jegs2

Post by jegs2 »

I'm not selling it, but you do have some sound suggestions.