Yet Another bugged ROM early zeddy for sale

ZX80 / ZX81 hardware and software offered for sale or swapping
Lardo Boffin
Posts: 1015
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:42 am

Yet Another bugged ROM early zeddy for sale

Post by Lardo Boffin » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:25 pm

As per the link viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3312#p34786 I have happened across another bugged ROM early zeddy. I bought it to refurb but prefer not to mess with the interesting early ones.

If anyone is interested please pm me. Details are in the link - its not fully tested yet but will be at some point (especially if anyone is interested!)
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
Iss 3 ZXVid
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
TS 1500
TS 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 1499)
Various Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA

Lardo Boffin
Posts: 1015
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:42 am

Re: Yet Another bugged ROM early zeddy for sale

Post by Lardo Boffin » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:37 pm

Bump.
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
Iss 3 ZXVid
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
TS 1500
TS 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 1499)
Various Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA

Lardo Boffin
Posts: 1015
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:42 am

Re: Yet Another bugged ROM early zeddy for sale

Post by Lardo Boffin » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:52 am

Last bump. I will start to refurb this next week (9th Sept).
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
Iss 3 ZXVid
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
TS 1500
TS 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 1499)
Various Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA

User avatar
Erm
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:07 pm

Re: Yet Another bugged ROM early zeddy for sale

Post by Erm » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:46 pm

Do you have many spare at the moment? I'd not be too fussed about the bugged ROM type (think I have 3 here), but would probably buy 5 working computers if we could work something out. I'm not bothered about ULA version, missing screws/feet, RAM config (1 or 2 chips) and they don't have to be perfect be should be undamaged externally. I may also be interested in ones-to-be-fixed including with broken keyboard connectors or with components missing.
I'm Chris, a Brit in Germany (Chr$ on the QL forum).

Lardo Boffin
Posts: 1015
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:42 am

Re: Yet Another bugged ROM early zeddy for sale

Post by Lardo Boffin » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:08 pm

Erm wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:46 pm
Do you have many spare at the moment? I'd not be too fussed about the bugged ROM type (think I have 3 here), but would probably buy 5 working computers if we could work something out. I'm not bothered about ULA version, missing screws/feet, RAM config (1 or 2 chips) and they don't have to be perfect be should be undamaged externally. I may also be interested in ones-to-be-fixed including with broken keyboard connectors or with components missing.
I only have that one at the moment. Contrary to the impression some feline related folk have of me I don’t tend to have that many lying around. :D (at least not for sale 8-) ).
I tend to buy them (when i can get them for a good price), do them up and sell them on shortly afterwards.
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
Iss 3 ZXVid
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
TS 1500
TS 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 1499)
Various Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA

Moggy
Posts: 1828
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:00 pm

Re: Yet Another bugged ROM early zeddy for sale

Post by Moggy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:02 pm

Lardo Boffin wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:08 pm
Erm wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:46 pm
Do you have many spare at the moment? I'd not be too fussed about the bugged ROM type (think I have 3 here), but would probably buy 5 working computers if we could work something out. I'm not bothered about ULA version, missing screws/feet, RAM config (1 or 2 chips) and they don't have to be perfect be should be undamaged externally. I may also be interested in ones-to-be-fixed including with broken keyboard connectors or with components missing.
I only have that one at the moment. Contrary to the impression some feline related folk have of me I don’t tend to have that many lying around. :D (at least not for sale 8-) ).
I tend to buy them (when i can get them for a good price), do them up and sell them on shortly afterwards.
Just the one truck load then?
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (16.3 KiB) Viewed 208 times

Lardo Boffin
Posts: 1015
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:42 am

Re: Yet Another bugged ROM early zeddy for sale

Post by Lardo Boffin » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:36 pm

Yes, just the one truck. :)

Tomorrow I suspect it will be bringing me a zeddy with external keyboard and a ZX80. But only one of each. :cry:
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
Iss 3 ZXVid
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
TS 1500
TS 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 1499)
Various Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA

User avatar
Erm
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:07 pm

Re: Yet Another bugged ROM early zeddy for sale

Post by Erm » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:17 am

Sounds similar to what I have done lately - Get them cheap where possible, keep anything (or certain parts) that I would like to keep, e.g. examples of early ones, serial numbers, contemporary add ons etc and then do the odd one up with a few upgrades, fully test it for functionality, and then sell on to fund buying more ZX81 related stuff. I picked up a sealed bundle T/S 1000 the other day, well pleased with that.
I'm Chris, a Brit in Germany (Chr$ on the QL forum).

Lardo Boffin
Posts: 1015
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:42 am

Re: Yet Another bugged ROM early zeddy for sale

Post by Lardo Boffin » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:35 am

Erm wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:17 am
Sounds similar to what I have done lately - Get them cheap where possible, keep anything (or certain parts) that I would like to keep, e.g. examples of early ones, serial numbers, contemporary add ons etc and then do the odd one up with a few upgrades, fully test it for functionality, and then sell on to fund buying more ZX81 related stuff. I picked up a sealed bundle T/S 1000 the other day, well pleased with that.
Excellent! Its an enjoyable hobby, a worthy cause and you can make a few quid. I have a fair collection of zeddy books nearly all of which came with zeddies I refurbed and sold. I also have a few RAM packs etc.
Looking at my order history I have bought 26 ZX8-CCBs and 4 or 5 ULAs with comp out so have refurbed that many zeddies plus sold at least another 10 or so on top of that. :D Busy, busy.
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
Iss 3 ZXVid
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
TS 1500
TS 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 1499)
Various Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA

User avatar
Erm
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:07 pm

Re: Yet Another bugged ROM early zeddy for sale

Post by Erm » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:04 pm

I have books and RAM packs too! I mostly get away with transistor/resistor composite mods as most have had working 210 ULA's but I've also sold 3 or 4 with ZX8-CCB's. Am looking into adding vLA and switchable ROMs next (which will probably make them more expensive than people will want to pay!).
I'm Chris, a Brit in Germany (Chr$ on the QL forum).

Post Reply