I missed the hot cakes...

ZX80 / ZX81 hardware and software offered for sale or swapping
Bloodnok

Re: I missed the hot cakes...

Post by Bloodnok »

Moggy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:24 pm QUOTE.

"It looks like you sold about 6 of these since moggy pointed them out yesterday. :D Happy days."

I WANT 10% !!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Seriously, welcome aboard Bloodnok ( A Goons fan perhaps?) and really excellent work. :D
Thanks Moggy. Bloodnok is an old gaming tag which has sort of stuck - and yes it does originate from a fond appreciation of the Goons humour.

And I'll definitely look at 10% (of the profit :lol: )
Bloodnok

Post by Bloodnok »

1024MAK wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:00 pm I prefer my internal RAM upgrade detailed here :D

Hello Bloodnok, welcome :D

I must admit, I could not resist buying one of your vLA81 Sinclair ZX81 ULA replacements.

When it arrives (and I can find some time) I’ll try hooking it up to the Zeddy that I used in the article on the site I linked to above. I’ll have to reroute one SRAM address line to the vLA81 pin 35 and wire up the remaining SRAM address line to the CPU A14 address line.

Mark
Hi Mark, definitely a neater approach. I've done much the same but didn't cut any tracks. Instead I made a modified socket which did the pin translation needed. Can remove the mod and restore the zeddy to original easily.

Your vLA81 has already shipped (along with the rest) so should reach you in 2-3 weeks (maybe sooner).
Bloodnok

Post by Bloodnok »

mrtinb wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:51 am Hi and a warm welcome. Looks like a great product.

Since you, by magic, just create one ULA after the other, :) how about a ULA for the Lambda 8300? It’s a little different than the ZX81 and has the charset (ROM) build into the ULA. :)
Just when I thought I had run out of things to do :) Is there any good source of info on the Lambda? The ROM would probably mean a small FPGA is required but otherwise I'd be interested in taking up the challenge.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Bloodnok wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:13 am
Just when I thought I had run out of things to do :)
As far as I know there is the Sinclair C5 ULA missing as well.
There is definitely a small market for this.
Kind regards Paul
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
mrtinb

Post by mrtinb »

Bloodnok wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:13 am Just when I thought I had run out of things to do :) Is there any good source of info on the Lambda? The ROM would probably mean a small FPGA is required but otherwise I'd be interested in taking up the challenge.
Unfortunately the info on Lambda 8300 is quite sparse.

The best source I have found is NO$ZX emulator's documentation: https://problemkaputt.de/zxdocs.htm#lambda8300

Then there's the disassembled ROM source in Das PC-8300 ROM Buch.
Martin
https://zx.rtin.be
ZX81, Lambda 8300, Commodore 64, Mac G4 Cube
Lardo Boffin

Post by Lardo Boffin »

The hot cakes are back! There is one less now though. :D
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY and +, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
Tatung 81 + Wespi
TS 1500 & 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 862)
Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA
nollkolltroll

Post by nollkolltroll »

My VLA81 arrived safely to Sweden today. I am VERY happy to report I did not get slammed with the usual customs and VAT. I was a bit worried about that since I thought it was delivered from Germany when I ordered...
Will try to get time to test it this weekend and report back.
/Adam