German post strike

ZX80 / ZX81 hardware and software offered for sale or swapping
PokeMon

German post strike

Post by PokeMon »

Some information for customers waiting for shipments, in Germany the employees of the German Post are on strike since june 8th and no end is in sight. I personally got no post (letters) for about 2 weeks now. Some people do get the post, some not depending on your local postman. Some postman work as official, some as employee but it doesn't help if the post is delayed or block on the way. All in all there are more than 30.000 people from German Post on strike.

The German Post talks about "delays" but in my experience delay can be not just days but even weeks depending on good or bad luck. Due to these circumstances I decided in the meantime not to sell any more items in the shop till this situation is more safe. I am on a short holiday from next week and will check the situation around 20th of july again when I am back. Items are still available but can not be shipped safely as I do most as letter service which is much cheaper than parcel service especially for orders to foreign countries other than germany.

So please be patient if you ordered something from my store - I assure that all ordered items are shipped (usually 1 or 2 days after receive of payment).

Thanks,

Karl (PokeMon / ginger-electronic)
XorA

Re: German post strike

Post by XorA »

They are a pain, we had one a few years back in the UK and it took about 2 months for the backlog to clear. According to my postie (nice friendly chap) there were just warehouses of unsorted mail just for my local area).
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

So the strike did end on monday night and the German Post came back to normal operation. Anyway it could take a week or so to get all the old post delivered, too. So you still should be patient if item didn't came in till now. When I am back from holiday (15th of july) I will continue sales and the ZXmore (ZX80CORE followup) is ready to be delivered as well. I will leave further information here at the board in a week or so. ;)

Karl
blittled

Post by blittled »

Are there any ZXMore kits available?
2X Timex Sinclair 1000, ZX81, ZX80Core, 5X 16K Ram Pack, ZXBlast, ZX P file to Ear Input Signal Converter, Elf II
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

Yes - will be listed this weekend I think. 8-)