More ZXpands Available Now

ZX80 / ZX81 hardware and software offered for sale or swapping
Moggy

Re: More ZXpands Available Now

Post by Moggy »

colonel32 wrote:Sorry, I realise it's probably a thankless and Sisyphean task selling small-batch hardware. Endless stream of eager and impatient punters, while the satisfied ones are sat there in their spare bedroom not bothering you any more :)
You have to realise that Charlie does bugger all re manufacture.
He kidnapped a family of Paraguayan tourists who now live in his cellar and hand whittle Xpands in return for food, hence the small output.

As for bothering him I make it my business to send him at least a dozen abusive letters a week about his shoddy product which rendered my battery backed memory board collection worthless overnight.(no axe to grind there then)

Now I see he's thinking about a redesign which will make us MK1 owners look SOOOOOOOOO yesterday and force us to upgrade to the MK2. Tacky Charles very tacky. ;) :lol:

Seriously though Colonel it will be worth the wait and as Mark says A lot of spand owners myself included go around with silly grins on our faces and I use two of them Ay equipped in my recording studio as proper instruments along side the more traditional stuff.

When you get your spand there are a couple useful pieces of software to accompany it.

1) Tape scrape. A useful way of saving taped files to the memory card.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=467&hilit=tape+scrape

2) Zxpand commander. a file handling system which I for one cannot do without.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=956&hilit=commander

Sorry for the abuse Charles but it is single malt morning and you know how giddy your favourite much detested beta tester gets by this time

@Charlie.
The MK2 sounds interesting Charlie any piccies etc of progress would be nice.
colonel32

Post by colonel32 »

Wow excellent, thanks Moggy.

Good point, I hadn't given much thought about how to get the buggers off tape in the first place. Apart from downloading somebody else's hard work.

I'm holding out for a ZXPand. Good things come to he who waits. I'm getting a hint of bleeding-edge vibe from ZXBlast. Maybe an artisanal Paraguayan limited edition with integral noseflute...

:)
Fwapp

Post by Fwapp »

@colonel32 - there are several places you can get the files to place on the ZXPand. I'm not sure of the policy for this forum regarding posting links, but PM me and I'll help you out :)

The tape scraper program is superb - I'm working through my Dad's tape from the 80's and I'm coming across a lot of fond memories :)
ZX80, ZX81 - 2C158C Bugged Rom iss.1, 2C158C "kludge fix" iss1, 2C184E iss1, 2C210E iss3, US NTSC iss1 "straight traces", US NTSC iss3 TS1000
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

As far as I'm aware Rich (site owner) is cool with links providing the sites mentioned are reputable and not the sort that advertises products to overcome a lack of size in the nether regions.

One here is well published on the forum and is a great source for zeddy software. :D

http://www.zx81stuff.org.uk/

Simon who owns the site also has written a sudoku program which includes a solver.
I entered into it what was reputed to be the hardest grid in the world and the wee little black door wedge solved it in about ten seconds, yay zeddy!!

@Colonel32

No nose flute I'm afraid as Karl(PokeMon) hates Paraguayans. :lol:
Lardo Boffin

Post by Lardo Boffin »

Moggy wrote:
Simon who owns the site also has written a sudoku program which includes a solver.
I entered into it what was reputed to be the hardest grid in the world and the wee little black door wedge solved it in about ten seconds, yay zeddy!!
Door wedge!!!! Burn him with fire!!!!! :lol:
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY and +, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
Tatung 81 + Wespi
TS 1500 & 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 862)
Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA
siggi

Post by siggi »

My ZX81 web-server: online since 2007, running since dec. 2020 using ZeddyNet hardware
http://zx81.ddns.net/ZxTeaM
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Lardo Boffin wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Door wedge!!!! Burn him with fire!!!!! :lol:
Touché Lardo Touché. :lol:

@ Siggi.

I used to think you were such a nice man now you want to throw stones at me!! :lol: