More ZXpands Available Now

ZX80 / ZX81 hardware and software offered for sale or swapping
gammaray

Re: More ZXpands Available Now

Post by gammaray »

At least at the moment, I have sent an email to all those who have a keyword watch on sellmyretro warning of the forthcoming listing, then everyone has the same chance of getting the few which are available....
Fair enough.

Regards.

"Patiently Waiting"

(I already have one which is why I can be patient 8-) but I have 4-TS1000s and 1-TS1500)
5-TS1000,UK ZX81<-Sheelagh, US ZX81, 2-TS1500/KDLX , 3-TS2040 printer, 2-TS2020 cassette decks, ZXPAND+AY, ZeddyNET, ZXBlast, UDG, ZX8CCB, AERCO, BUILDS/REPAIRS ZX Spectrum, ZX80 Minstrel, ZXMAX48 v1 v2, 2-TS-2068, ROM, 16kRAM
hsimpson

Post by hsimpson »

And again I failed to buy ZXpand. Five seconds, and everything sold :(.
As a consolation, I bought a ZXPAND Keyboard Membrane :).
gammaray

Post by gammaray »

Someone going to start selling the following?
ZXPAND.png
ZXPAND.png (53.89 KiB) Viewed 3953 times
Just joking...
5-TS1000,UK ZX81<-Sheelagh, US ZX81, 2-TS1500/KDLX , 3-TS2040 printer, 2-TS2020 cassette decks, ZXPAND+AY, ZeddyNET, ZXBlast, UDG, ZX8CCB, AERCO, BUILDS/REPAIRS ZX Spectrum, ZX80 Minstrel, ZXMAX48 v1 v2, 2-TS-2068, ROM, 16kRAM
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

I understand people's frustration. I think you'd sell a load of those T's if you put them up there ;)

Rich came up with a good idea which was to stop releasing in small batches, instead putting 40-50 up in one hit. This should satisfy all the demand but it would mean two things:

1. It would take a significant amount of time. My lungs might need transplanting by the time I'm done too ;)
2. It would be a HUGE job to ship these in one go - perhaps too huge. I would need a personal post office.

I think there are about 40 people still actively chasing (i.e. with alerts set up on SMR) and there may be a few more who are passively checking after seeing notifications here.

If I keep up with the current release rate it will only be 4-8 weeks before everyone gets their board, and I won't have the massive hit. THoughts? :?
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

I use a 12V brush-less "computer" fan in a surplus plastic box (sold a long time ago by Greenweld as an empty plastic box with a large hole in the front for a fan...) connected to a 9V DC power supply. It sucks the flux fumes away nicely, but without being too noisy ;)

[Wanders off to SMR to check that I'm not watching items that I have already bought....]
[Nope, I’m not currently a watcher :mrgreen: ]

Mark
Last edited by 1024MAK on Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

I have something similar:
IMG_1344.jpg
F.o.fan.
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 507 times
It's sitting on and wired to an old laptop PSU, with a fan speed adjuster inline. Works well. Maybe I should add some LEDs...
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Mine on my currently messy worktop :oops:
Fan
Fan
image.jpeg (223.69 KiB) Viewed 3935 times
Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
Lurch666

Post by Lurch666 »

sirmorris wrote:I understand people's frustration. I think you'd sell a load of those T's if you put them up there ;)

Rich came up with a good idea which was to stop releasing in small batches, instead putting 40-50 up in one hit. This should satisfy all the demand but it would mean two things:

1. It would take a significant amount of time. My lungs might need transplanting by the time I'm done too ;)
2. It would be a HUGE job to ship these in one go - perhaps too huge. I would need a personal post office.

I think there are about 40 people still actively chasing (i.e. with alerts set up on SMR) and there may be a few more who are passively checking after seeing notifications here.

If I keep up with the current release rate it will only be 4-8 weeks before everyone gets their board, and I won't have the massive hit. THoughts? :?
I missed out again cause I was in a field on a bike rally and too drunk to remember to buy one on my phone.

Anyway I think you should just keep doing small batches sirmorris.I for one am ok waiting and you shouldn't feel forced into doing a big runs that takes all the fun out of doing this-I figure you don't want to feel like you are running a business with this.It should just be a hobby.
sboisvert

Post by sboisvert »

sirmorris wrote:I understand people's frustration. I think you'd sell a load of those T's if you put them up there ;)
Ever thought of doing it like Sinclair did and selling 'build your own' kits?
Paul

Post by Paul »

I am someone who built his own ZXPand.
This is not easy due to the mixture of SMD and through hole parts.
And configuring such a kit is even more work than building it.
So this is not really an option.
kind regards Paul
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.