What price a boxed Memotech keyboard

ZX80 / ZX81 hardware and software offered for sale or swapping
bobs

What price a boxed Memotech keyboard

Post by bobs »

What’s the going rate for a boxed & working Memotech keyboard? I’ve got one to sell, but no idea of its value
Moggy

Re: What price a boxed Memotech keyboard

Post by Moggy »

I don't' think there is a going rate or intrinsic value, only what it's worth to the individual,how serious they take their hobby what it's worth to them and how big their wallet is.

Some may balk at £50-£70 whilst others think it a bargain, I happily once paid £150 for one which is a sky high absurd price to many people, but no more than going out money to myself as I'm financially able to indulge myself nearly without limit for things I want regarding my hobby with the price paid being of no concern. I wanted it, I bought it and still have it to this day.

As I say it's what it's worth to the individual and on a good day that type of individual may read your ebay listing.

The best person to ask here is lardo who does a lot of back and forth with all things zeddy including I believe some Memotech keyboards and has a better understanding of how much gear is selling for.

At the moment there is a zeddy with some kind of home grown keyboard monstrosity attached and they want nearly £200 for it so a Memotech would look very attractive next to that I would have thought.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233394013826 ... SwNq9dxEYH
Lardo Boffin

Post by Lardo Boffin »

I recently (May, I think) sold a Memotech Keyboard on its own for about £70. It didn’t hang around long at that price.

It was not in perfect condition with the paint being part rubbed off on a number of keys.

BF34247A-0D7B-45E5-B6A2-F7702DE738A8.jpeg

As ever with eBay or similar it is luck of the draw what you get on any given day though. You could start an auction at £100 and see where it goes (and have a pretty good chance of a quick sale) or start it a bit higher and it may take a bit longer.

Mine was listed at a fixed price. I have had very hit and miss results with auctions. :cry:
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY and +, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
Tatung 81 + Wespi
TS 1500 & 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 862)
Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA
bobs

Post by bobs »

Thanks both! I’ve got a lot of retro stuff just sitting around gathering dust, so getting anything near a ‘reasonable’ price will be nice 8-)