Memory Card storage options

Discussions about Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81 Hardware
msknight

Re: Memory Card storage options

Post by msknight »

I hope to be getting a ZXpand+ at some point in January. Someone has contacted me privately. I'm waiting for the christmas post to get sorted out before risking a package getting through, as I've had a few things go walkabout this month.

We'll see how things go and I might come back to you for your kind offer LardoBoffin.
msknight

Re: Memory Card storage options

Post by msknight »

Well, that was a hope that was over very quickly.

Someone outside the UK was willing to sell me a ZXpand+ and I was willing to risk the "friends and family" paypal transaction to get it.

However, with the postal situation at the moment with our area among the ones affected by serious postal staff shortages, long delays and things going missing... that I wanted to wait until mid-January so that the christmas chaos was over and done with, so that there was as little chance as possible of the card getting lost in the post.

The seller's response, "it is waste of time to talk to some people" ... so I guess they've just saved me the risk of dealing with them.

I'm still going to sit back and wait before doing anything, though. I've already got a 48 hour tracked delivery from South Wales (containing the zeddy to HDMI unit) which has been stuck in a single sorting office for three days. Maybe I'll see it Saturday if I'm lucky.

I can wait for an SSD storage solution.