¿A Jupiter Ace clone kickstarter?

Discussions about Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81 Hardware
wilco2009

¿A Jupiter Ace clone kickstarter?

Post by wilco2009 »

Hello guys!
Some time ago I announced the next release of a Jupiter Ace clone that I am developing.
The clone is currently fully operational and I'm only tweaking the last design details.
It is a board fully compatible with an original Jupiter Ace case, using its rubber keyboard, although it is also possible to solder push-buttons and use these.
The most outstanding characteristics are:
- 19K or 3K selectable onboard RAM
- 8 selectable ROMs
- zx81-like mode (it's like you have a zx81 but 3 times faster in SLOW mode and keeping the display, the keyboard layout is automatically changed to match the zx81, and all with moderate compatibility with existing software )
- test ROM
- Selection of direct video mode (white letters on a black background) or reverse (black letters on a white background).
Well, I'm exploring the idea of ​​doing a kickstarter (in collaboration with Paul Andrews) that would include a molded plastic case and a rubber keyboard identical to the original, so it would be practically the same as having an original one in our hands but with the mentioned improvements. But, the molds for the case and keyboard cost a lot of money.
We have requested budgets and the project is perfectly viable, as long as there is more than a minimum number of bakers, so before I get into it, I would like to probe your interest in a possible kickstarter, and ask you to answer these questions:
- Would you be interested in buying one?
- How much do you think could be a reasonable price? (You already know that the total expenses must be passed on to the units sold, so if we are too few it can be too expensive and unfeasible.
- Do you already have a Jupiter Ace and want a replacement case, keyboard or PCB?
- Do you prefer to assemble a kit yourself?
You would do me a great favor if you filled out the survey by clicking on the link.
https://forms.gle/3kcrRm2V8swirYVm7
McKlaud

Re: ¿A Jupiter Ace clone kickstarter?

Post by McKlaud »

@wilco2009: nice one and replied to your queries in the survey.
Claudius
----------
zx-heinz

Post by zx-heinz »

@wilco2009: Is it possible, to get a copy of the test rom?
Papalapa

Post by Papalapa »

@wilco2009 Survey replied. How's this matter going on?
wilco2009

Post by wilco2009 »

I am busy with SD81-Booster but I don't forget this.
Still missing some details on the case.

A little advance of the status......

Dim_75

Post by Dim_75 »

@wilco2009 Survey replied. Waiting for more news :)
drdivago

Post by drdivago »

Same here, I have two original motherboards (almost) fully populated but with no case or keyboard...