Modulator swapping - should I?

Discussions about Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81 Hardware
SabreWulf

Re: Modulator swapping - should I?

Post by SabreWulf »

The NE555 board doesn't have any adjustable resistors, it's mostly surface mount other than the NE555 and transistors. Thanks Moggy and Mark for the practical advice on how to remove the modulator: I needed to ask as I've never had to remove one before.

Swapping the circuits makes sense as it gives me two ZX81s that will do what I want. I'll get on with it. This hopefully means that I won't have to acquire another couple "just in case".

The Gremlins have, however, secured a couple of "bargain" mono cassette recorders that will undoubtedly need fettling - if my old cassette recorders are anything to go by. A search for blank audio cassettes suggests that tapes purporting to be TDK are still being made somewhere. After a brief period of cassette torture, an Arduino sitting on the desk looks set to be re-purposed. A Pico or Pi Zero must feature too eventually.
patters

Re: Modulator swapping - should I?

Post by patters »

Lardo Boffin wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:04 pm Rookie numbers
:lol:

Moggy wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:29 pm If the ZX8-CCB becomes available...
Anyone know whether these may reappear? I've put myself on the notification list on sellmyretro, but is there any chance Pokemon might sell them within Europe?