Russian PCB ZX80 clone problem

Discussions about Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81 Hardware
Moggy

Re: Russian PCB ZX80 clone problem

Post by Moggy »

crrush wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:46 pm Well, that is even better, the keyboard works perfectly in that case then!
For some reason I though ZX Spectrum has all its BASIC command bind to keys, but if ZX 80 has the same concept, it is alright then

The next stop will be Jupiter Ace clone BTW
Not quite the same.

The commands CHR$ PEEK USR STR$ CODE ABS TL$ RND all have to be typed a letter a at time followed by any argument in brackets, for example PEEK(12345) or USR(12345).
Erm

Post by Erm »

crrush wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:09 pm Alright so I was able to finally start my "Russian PCB" clone, after flashing the ROM. The chip that comes with the kit is empty, so you will need to actually flash it
Yes, I knew the ROM was blank. Mine still doesn't work though. I haven't looked at it for a while. Please post some large pics of yours so I can compare components.
I'm Chris, a Brit in Germany (Chr$ on the QL forum). https:\\QXL.WIN < QL related collection.
crrush

Post by crrush »

Alright, my almost 3 years quest for ZX 80 clone (Russian PCB) is over. Behold the functional machine with an absolutely crystal clear picture and the keyboard. Cannot recommend the spare keyboard and that RF amplifier more, got them both off sellmyretro and from our very own PokeMon
Attachments
Снимок экрана 2021-02-11 в 21.09.58.png