Edge connector manufacturer?

Discussions about Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81 Hardware
sirmorris

Edge connector manufacturer?

Post by sirmorris »

http://www.user.dccnet.com/wrigter/inde ... XKBDv3.htm

This is going to be my next hardware project. I've got the chips coming and a donor BBC micro keyboard that will be dremelled any time now :D I'm going to miss out the IO port but keep the joystick connector.

Edge connector sockets are hard though.. the Sinclair Shop has some but I often order from Farnell and Rapid. I'd like to be able to get some with my next order - just to save on postage, I've absolutely nothing against TSS - but I can't seem to track any down. Does anyone have a manufacturer name or even article number?

Thanks
Charlie
Mike

Re: Edge connector manufacturer?

Post by Mike »

Why bother...

Chop down an old 8-bit ISA motherboard, or buy a spectrum joystick interface off ebay...

Mike
gus

Post by gus »

sirmorris wrote:http://www.user.dccnet.com/wrigter/inde ... XKBDv3.htm

This is going to be my next hardware project. I've got the chips coming and a donor BBC micro keyboard that will be dremelled any time now :D I'm going to miss out the IO port but keep the joystick connector.

Edge connector sockets are hard though.. the Sinclair Shop has some but I often order from Farnell and Rapid. I'd like to be able to get some with my next order - just to save on postage, I've absolutely nothing against TSS - but I can't seem to track any down. Does anyone have a manufacturer name or even article number?

Thanks
Charlie
Hi that sounds perfet to me !!!

Can you "simplify" the circuit in order to leave just the Joystick stuff ??? can anybody do some 2 joysticks version ?
I mean just the joystick interface, nothing more... and of course it will be greater if we can have the PCB drawing :) :) :)

Gus
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

Mike wrote:Chop down an old 8-bit ISA motherboard, or buy a spectrum joystick interface off ebay...
Mike
I thought about the isa board, but the solder tags aren't long enough to fit a through-connector without faffing :(

As for the JS interfaces - I've considered that. It usually ends up as more expensive when you include postage :)