ZEDDYNET

Discussions about Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81 Hardware
tdg8934

Re: ZEDDYNET

Post by tdg8934 »

I'm in Germany on business until Friday. My wife told me my wiznet module arrived from Mouser.com and hopefully my Zeddynet kit will be at the house by the weekend so I can solder the kit and get "online". I'm excited to see what my TS1000 with ZXPand can do online.

Thanks again Paul!

Tim
dessony

Post by dessony »

Paul,

I received my ZeddyNet kit today in the mail! :-) However, where is a program for the ZeddyNet? :?: Can you also put an object file, an assembly language listing and a source file also?

Bill
Paul

Post by Paul »

For a beginning here is a link:

http://forum.tlienhard.com/phpBB3/viewt ... f=2&t=1616

My excuses that it is in german, but I believe it's easier to translate this by any translation service or even to guess than creating a thread on this forum and keep it up to date every time new versions are made.
Please don't ask or reply there. It's a nice and clean thread and should only contain the latest versions, no FAQ.
I case of any questions you are welcome to ask here. Siggi, the creator and maintainer of this the thread and the contained programs is active in this forum as well and reads and answers here too.
Kind regards
Paul
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
Paul

Post by Paul »

dessony wrote:Paul,

I received my ZeddyNet kit today in the mail! :-) However, where is a program for the ZeddyNet? :?: Can you also put an object file, an assembly language listing and a source file also?

Bill
Hi Bill,
all programs are available as ".P" files. They have been created in C with z88dk and these sources are available as well. Please contact Siggi individually for these sources.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

dessony wrote:Paul,

Bill
For a quick start you may load IPCONFIG.P first and configure your network settings manually. After loading it and initializing the WIZNET module by this program it returns to BASIC and you can then load IRCCHAT.P for example. There is HRG version with 64 chars per line available with ICRANS32.P

You need 8k RAM in the area 8192-16383 ($2000-$3FFF) for all ZeddyNet applications and if you want to use the graphic version you need at least 32k RAM beginning at 8192 and HRG option (modified RAM which is activated during RFSH periods).

PS: You should remove the entry for the TNFS Server by simply setting an empty address (just NEWLINE).
tdg8934

Post by tdg8934 »

A small hint to that: Pins 1-4 and 28-32 of the VG64 connector are not soldered to the extender board. So at one side 5 and at the other side 4 pins are beside the PCB.
Can you spell out which side the pins 1-4 are in reference to? I only get 1 shot to get this right.

Is it like this?
image1.JPG
image1.JPG (74.05 KiB) Viewed 3065 times
Paul

Post by Paul »

I advise to plug in the zeddynet card and position the XPander PCB under it as marked on the zeddynet PCB.
It would be terrible to have it the wrong way around.
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

It would be the correct position if the key way in the board shows to the camera.
Then it would be okay to leave 4 pins free on the left side (with key way on that side).
To be sure better to post a picture which shows the whole connector/board. ;)
tdg8934

Post by tdg8934 »

OK. I soldered everything together and plugged it in and was able to configure it. I ran the IRC program and it said I was connected and displayed a message but I really don't know what Im doing on this. Can someone provide some instructions on anything so I can 100% see that I am getting it to work

Thanks - Looks interesting so far. I am using my NETGEAR wireless WNCE2001 which I first connected to my laptop to find my wireless network and it's webserver page (http:\\mywifiext.net) provided this info:
MAC e0:91:f5:1e:b5:45
IP 192.168.1.216
IP subnet mask 255.255.255.0
gateway ip address 192.168.1.254
dns server 192.168.1.254

I was able to save my configuration as "IPSAVE.P" and ran LOAD "IPSAVE" and see the configuration. I am also using a ZXPAND with it.

Tim
Paul

Post by Paul »

When you start ipconfig you should see something like this
provided you are using dhcp which I recommend:
ipconfig.JPG
ipconfig.JPG (100.58 KiB) Viewed 3033 times
After that you can start irc.
choose the zxteam server, your nick, no password.
You will be welcomed with the information that the default channel is #zxteam
enter /join #zxteam
then you are in out chatroom.
the # is entered by using the pound sign.
Good luck!