Power Supply switching between ZX81 & Speccy

Discussions about Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81 Hardware
1024MAK

Re: Power Supply switching between ZX81 & Speccy

Post by 1024MAK »

redgatemodels wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:30 am Who has a pc these days? :D ;)
I have five operational PCs and two operational laptops of various ages. Okay, only one PC and one laptop is used daily.

iPads and similar can be very convenient for some things, but have far too many limitations, problems and bugs. Hence, are not suitable for everything that I want. And yes, I have a smart phone and am currently writing this on an iPad.

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Seven tower systems of various vintages and like Mark two laptops.
The towers run a variety of operating systems depending on the use I have for it, for example my small studio tower uses Win98 SE on a slot A 650mhz Athlon board.
Why because it boots and shuts down in a instant,doesn't have to give up half its resources just to run the operating system and all my music software I use from that time runs like you know what off a shiny shovel in just over 300meg of RAM unlike the bloated "feature filled" crapware that exists today, and for the MIDI side of things a 4meg Atari ste for the win. :lol:

Plus PC's are so easy to upgrade over time and remove/repair duff expansion cards which is a bit of a no-no with laptops.
TMAOne

Post by TMAOne »

Oh yeah? I bet my PCs could beat up your PCs,... :lol:

7 towers, 8 laptops, and a few vintage "luggables" in my collection. Only 1 tablet that doesn't work worth spit so I hate using it. Could be the chicken; could be the egg, there. Never got the knack of hunt/peck or typing with my thumbs. If I have anything serious to do I go running back to a full-on keyboard.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

MY PC.
MY PC.
I'll just leave this here. :lol:
redgatemodels

Post by redgatemodels »

Made one 😁
DSC_0526.JPG