Hi I have a ZX80 and am looking to sell it advice needed pls

Discussions about Sinclair ZX80 and ZX81 Hardware
Electrotete

Hi I have a ZX80 and am looking to sell it advice needed pls

Post by Electrotete »

Hi - I've had a ZX80 since my dad bought me it when I was 10 back in 1980. Unfortunately I haven't taken very good care of it and it is just the unit itself.
It is yellowed and has corner chips and a small hole in the raised bit corners. I think it still works but dont have a TV connector lead lead to check it.
Do you know where I could get a cheap lead to connect it ?

Thanks

Ps - I live in S London
RWAP

Re: Hi I have a ZX80 and am looking to sell it advice needed

Post by RWAP »

A standard AV cable lead will do - have a look on ebay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SINCLAIR-ZX-S ... 3a643c55c5

I presume you have the power supply still.

Your main problem may be getting a picture on a modern TV set - ideally you would need a black & white set - certainly a TV with manual tuning would be better, but the picture on a colour TV may be very dark..
Electrotete

Post by Electrotete »

Thanks for the info, that's just what I needed to know !

I don't have the original power supply but I have multi voltage psus that have 9V with switchable polarity - that should work shouldn't it ?
Paul

Post by Paul »

It should work ok if it delivers enough mA.
I wouldn't try a psu with less than 700mA because that's what Sinclair delivered with its devices.
More is no problem. If the psu connected to the zx80 still has more than 10V I would only test for a couple of minutes, than let the regulator of the ZX cool down again for 15 minutes to prevent it's overheating.
Kind regards
Paul
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.