Speech synthesis (Spanish phonemes)

Any discussions related to the creation of new hardware or software for the ZX80 or ZX81
pastbytes

Re: Speech synthesis (Spanish phonemes)

Post by pastbytes »

siggi wrote:
pastbytes wrote: Perhaps I should write the manual for the ZX81 version both in English and Spanish. ;)
Yes, that would help, because I understand English much better than Spanish :oops:
Well, I never thought this program could be of any use out of the Spanish-speaking world. I'll write some basic instructions to use the program, it should be a bit different from the Spanish manual since assumes knowledge about the language.
siggi wrote:
I want to support English but I need to understand it a bit more to make something usable. I need to get the sampled phonemes and then synthesize them.
And maybe sometimes also German?
Yes, German would be interesting too, but I would need to get the sounds (phonemes/allophones) first.
By the way, I got the allophones of the SP0256-AL2, I'll try to do a English version with that, but it looks like the program is going to increase significantly in size. This will require a bit a magic.
I wonder if It exists a chip like the SP0256 for the German language.
pastbytes

Post by pastbytes »

This is simulated sound using the wavetables I already reduced. I used the allophones HH1 EH LL AX OW, the sound is 4 bit, downscaled to 8KHz to use a standard sample rate, but the rate will be 9.5KHz to mantain compatibility with the future PWM version. The wavetable for the allophones EH, LL, AX and OW is 176 bytes long, and the HH1 sound uses 1.27K of memory, but it's a sequence of 3 sounds made of modulated noise, so I will synthesize it by software (it's similar to the Spanish J phoneme).
Attachments
test_hello.mp3
(5.63 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Great work pastbytes.

some really good work coming at the end of 2011 :D

Regards.
Moggy
pastbytes

Post by pastbytes »

The last month I uploaded the first English page to my site, I have plans to translate the entire site but my English is far from perfect and it takes me a lot a time to make corrections. The only page currently translated to English is: http://www.pastbytes.com/apps/tav/en_videos.html
Also, I added a demo to test the singing routines of a future version of TAV, currently running only on C64, but still portable to Z80 machines. The program has not interface yet, only a very basic singing engine, but you can watch the video and if you want to test it on a C64 or emulator, you can download the program (.prg file) here: http://www.pastbytes.com/apps/tav/tav64demo.zip
And about the English version of TAV, I synthesized a few of the SP0256-AL2's allophones, but I had not much time lately to continue the work.
siggi

Post by siggi »

Again a great work!

Siggi
(waiting for a ZX81 version ..)
My ZX81 web-server: online since 2007, running since dec. 2020 using ZeddyNet hardware
http://zx81.ddns.net/ZxTeaM