ANOTHER BUILD A ZX80 PAGE

Any discussions related to the creation of new hardware or software for the ZX80 or ZX81
Fruitcake

Re: ANOTHER BUILD A ZX80 PAGE

Post by Fruitcake »

Many of the programs appear to have been sourced from The Type Fantastic website http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~jg27p ... pehome.htm, and I suspect many of page scans from the World of Spectrum magazine archive ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sinclair/magazines.
neazoi

Post by neazoi »

Hi, It has been a long time since I made this computer.
Yes, I have given credits to Grant Searle and thanks Grant for all the great information which has been inspiration to many on building these computers!

Note that the link has been changed. The page now is located at http://qrp.gr/microwave/giannopk/zxcomputer/index.htm

I am building now a second clone of the machine, with a bit of improved performance (increased ram) dual boot rom etc, but intending to reduce the number of chips at the same time.
Grant has built very nice computers with fewer chips but with no keyboard and display, where he used an MCU to provide these additional functions which I do not particularly like.
So, so far I see that the simplest DIP-based COMPLETE computer to build to date is the zx80 (and zx81 in fast mode)
mhudson52

Post by mhudson52 »

I noticed while looking at your site that you mentioned being unable to find the long-pin edge connectors. If you still need them perhaps I can help. I have a box full of them.

Regards,
Mike
TS 1000 bought in 1982 and brought back to life by Sir Ian
neazoi

Post by neazoi »

mhudson52 wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 12:30 am I noticed while looking at your site that you mentioned being unable to find the long-pin edge connectors. If you still need them perhaps I can help. I have a box full of them.

Regards,
Mike
The idea was to have anyone be able to build this, that has not got access to special components.
However can you post a photo of these sockets?
If you do not want to hijack the thread please pm.
mhudson52

Post by mhudson52 »

If you do not want to hijack the thread please pm.
PM sent.

Regards,

Mike
TS 1000 bought in 1982 and brought back to life by Sir Ian