RED FACE TIME

Any discussions related to the creation of new hardware or software for the ZX80 or ZX81
Moggy

RED FACE TIME

Post by Moggy »

In the not too distant past I posted a couple of binaries so that the ZXpand could a) replicate the Memotech Z80 assembler
b) run a nice little toolkit with a routine or two written by the late Fred Nachbaur.

Having deleted said binaries from My SD card by accident I downloaded the files I posted here to find that a) 13 of You kindly downloaded said whatsits and b) what I posted originally was a complete pile of pish!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

No doubt the clever ones amongst You worked it out but for those who did not here, a bit late in the day, is what I intended.

For use on the ZXpand or suitable ROM/Memory boards.

MEMOTECH ASSEMBLER.

a) leave Zxpand at default memory setting.

b) to load assembler load and run MEMOASS.P

c) Though not stated in the manual assembler needs to be in slow mode when used.

d) Select ramtop with the usual pokes, example in the manual.

e) use manual (supplied) from then on.

DELPHIC TOOLKIT

a) Leave at default memory settings.

b) to load toolkit load and run TOOLKIT.P

c) use manual (supplied) from then on.

NOTE THE ZXpand OVERLAY ROM MUST THEN BE DISABLED BEFORE USING THE TOOLKIT BY WAY OF THE "X" COMMAND OR ITS GOODNIGHT VIENNA!!!

Sorry to be so long winded but I wanted to get it right this time.

I'm firmly off the opinion that when I retired My brain did likewise, and strong beer and programming do not make good bedfellows. :oops:

Regards

Moggy.
Attachments
toolkit and assembler.rar
(1.58 MiB) Downloaded 257 times
Last edited by Moggy on Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Paul

Re: RED FACE TIME

Post by Paul »

Moggy wrote:I'm firmly off the opinion that when I retired My brain did likewise, and strong beer and programming do not make good bedfellows. :oops:
I'm not a beer fan (although a Kilkenny is always a good thing against thurst), I prefer a nice cask strength single malt from Islay, but from my experiences it's better to have my first dram after the shutdown of the computer ;)
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Paul wrote:
Moggy wrote:I'm firmly off the opinion that when I retired My brain did likewise, and strong beer and programming do not make good bedfellows. :oops:
I'm not a beer fan (although a Kilkenny is always a good thing against thurst), I prefer a nice cask strength single malt from Islay, but from my experiences it's better to have my first dram after the shutdown of the computer ;)
@paul
If You truly love Islay single malt as much as I do then You and I will become firm friends :D

Regards
Moggy
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

Moggy wrote:
Paul wrote:
@paul
If You truly love Islay single malt as much as I do then You and I will become firm friends :D

Regards
Moggy
You sure - even when there is only the one bottle between you? :lol:
Paul

Post by Paul »

Moggy wrote:
Paul wrote:
@paul

Regards
Moggy
At the moment my Bruichladdich Octomore Orpheus is my favorite bottle :D
I am planning to come to visit the northwest of scotland next summer. Maybe we can meet. It would be nice to see some of you fellows in person on our way back from Islay.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
siggi

Post by siggi »

Paul wrote: At the moment my Bruichladdich Octomore Orpheus is my favorite bottle :D
Happy to hear that. So my Bushmills Single Malt bottle is left for me alone :D

Siggi
My ZX81 web-server: online since 2007, running since dec. 2020 using ZeddyNet hardware
http://zx81.ddns.net/ZxTeaM
Paul

Post by Paul »

siggi wrote:Happy to hear that. So my Bushmills Single Malt bottle is left for me alone :D
As long as my wife doesn't see it ;) She prefers Irish and Speyside
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

@ Paul
@ Siggi

Your taste in Whisky does You both credit. :D

@Paul let Us all know when You are here next summer no doubt We can meet up some place, I promise not to steal Your 20 Year old malt providing You leave My Schnapps and Kräuterlikör alone :lol:

Regards
Moggy