New prototype ZX-deluxe+

Any discussions related to the creation of new hardware or software for the ZX80 or ZX81
ahlmann

Re: New prototype ZX-deluxe+

Post by ahlmann »

When and where will this kit be available? 😋
zxhenk

Post by zxhenk »

Well I have finshed the whole design and have a definite PCB, even wrote a manual for this computer but there was not much interest in this kit. To get out of all the costs made during the making of this computer I have to sell at least 10 of these kits for around € 200-220 Euro but I don't think there will be that much interest as I see there are very few responses on this thread. So I only made one for myself :D
Paul

Post by Paul »

The interest in this board died at the moment you stated you were only selling expensive kits or even more expensive ready built units.
While I can understand that you would like to get financial return on your investment this is not the way this community works.
I guess you have some PCBs left as single boards are not commonly produced, refusing to sell them at price a little above your producing cost of your board will not make your project any more profitable.
Just my few cents.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
ahlmann

Post by ahlmann »

I will pay the 200 eu for a kit.. plz contact me on ahlmannkim@gmail.com

Cheers
McKlaud

Post by McKlaud »

zxhenk wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:04 pm ... I have to sell at least 10 of these kits for around € 200-220 Euro ..
200 Euro each or 200 Euro for 10? :mrgreen:
Claudius
----------
Spinnetti

Post by Spinnetti »

I think its a really neat project, but price point and no case make it kinda problematic. I'd love to see that board inside a TS1500 case with the rubber chicklet keys for instance.
Zeddy: ZX80, ZX81/ZXpand, TS1000/ZXpand, TS1500/Zxpand+
Speccy: 48k, +, +2, +3, TS2068, "Bare Metal" Pi, Next KS2, IF1/Microdrives/Vdrive/Light Gun/VGA-Joy
QL: Minerva/QL-VGA/Custom PSU
C5: 24v, LiFE battery, Disc brakes
Spinnetti

Post by Spinnetti »

Any updates on this project? Cool idea if I can get it in a standard case (preferably the speccy type case as in the TS1500)
Zeddy: ZX80, ZX81/ZXpand, TS1000/ZXpand, TS1500/Zxpand+
Speccy: 48k, +, +2, +3, TS2068, "Bare Metal" Pi, Next KS2, IF1/Microdrives/Vdrive/Light Gun/VGA-Joy
QL: Minerva/QL-VGA/Custom PSU
C5: 24v, LiFE battery, Disc brakes
Vorticon

Post by Vorticon »

I don't think the price point is too high at all. One is getting a brand new heavily upgraded computer with a proper keyboard and you could easily exceed 200 Euros trying to assemble all the vintage hardware required to match the specs presented here.
In my view, the main target for this project is someone who would like to get started with or get back into the ZX-81 universe and lacks any pre-existing functional hardware. Otherwise, for those who already own complete upgraded setups, it makes little sense to invest in this as tempting as it may be.