Introducing Super Micro: ZX81 1K full FIDE chess engine! :)

Any discussions related to the creation of new hardware or software for the ZX80 or ZX81
marste

Introducing Super Micro: ZX81 1K full FIDE chess engine! :)

Post by marste »

Dear Zeddy entusiasts, I'm glad to introduce you a new addition to the programs available: one that is able to play full FIDE chess with the base 1K hardware!

For this realization I would like to make a big thank to Karl Onkel, Stefano Bodrato, Johan Koelman and last but not least Zsolt Gaál for their helpful suggestions and support!

For more information and downloads you can refer to Super Micro official page: http://smmax.sf.net.

Happy 35th birthday ZX81!
And happy chess to everyone! :)

_Stefano
PokeMon

Re: Introducing Super Micro: ZX81 1K full FIDE chess engine! :)

Post by PokeMon »

Congratulations that you made it.
As I am not a passionate chess player could you say if there is a better implementation of chess rules than the usual 1k implementation from the 80ies ? ;)
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

WOW! castling, en-passant and under promotion. As well as a great cursor controlled piece movement and a reasonably strong game.

I would have to say this is the best in 1k to date. Far superior to the cheating-illegal-move-allowing-non en-passant-non-castling thing released for PC last year. :lol:

well done to all involved. :ugeek:
Andy Rea

Post by Andy Rea »

an amazing piece of work indeed, i can barely do anything useful in less than 1K let alone a full chess game.

get that man a beer
what's that Smell.... smells like fresh flux and solder fumes...