How to inject programs into zx81 memory?

Any discussions related to the creation of new hardware or software for the ZX80 or ZX81
PokeMon

Re: How to inject programs into zx81 memory?

Post by PokeMon »

XavSnap wrote:Hi,
The ".81" files is the true Mirror of Zx81's tape programs, it include de Bloc header "MYZX81NAMe", where the low case "e" is a reversed character to end the name header bloc.

".81" files equal : <name header> & "P" memory file.
In a "P" file, the name tag is lost...
No - I can not confirm this.
I collect ZX81 programs since 2 years when walking through the internet and I have about 2/3 .p files and 1/3 .81 files. They all have the same structure and no additional information about the filename. You have always the identical signature $BC, $21, $18, $40 at offset $002F - so there is no bloc header in a .81 file - at least no .81 file I have. You are sure for the WAV file which contains a file name coded as audio and you maybe sure for tape archives like -tzx or .tap files.

Anyway EightyOne takes any .81 file without filename information. If you save explicitly one file from the archive to disk as .T81 (which is a different name to .81) there is the file name supported and also the size. The file begins with "EO81" followed by the filename. I didn't find the named block header "MYZ81NAMe" in those .T81 files.
XavSnap

Post by XavSnap »

I collect ZX81 programs since 2 years when walking through the internet and I have about 2/3 .p files and 1/3 .81 files. They all have the same structure and no additional information about the filename. You have always the identical signature $BC, $21, $18, $40 at offset $002F - so there is no bloc header in a .81 file - at least no .81 file I have. You are sure for the WAV file which contains a file name coded as audio and you maybe sure for tape archives like -tzx or .tap files.
??? .tap ???

Anyway EightyOne takes any .81 file without filename information. If you save explicitly one file from the archive to disk as .T81 (which is a different name to .81) there is the file name supported and also the size. The file begins with "EO81" followed by the filename. I didn't find the named block header "MYZ81NAMe" in those .T81 files.
??? .T81 ???
Tell me more ....
Last edited by XavSnap on Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xavier ...on the Facebook groupe : "Zx81 France"(fr)
poglad

Post by poglad »

XavSnap wrote:Tell my more ....
:shock:
Now I'm longing for the old days of a cassette and a 10 minute coffee break. :roll:
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

XavSnap wrote: ??? .tap ???

??? .T81 ???
Tell my more ....
.tap stands for "tape files"
.T81 is an option emulator EightyOne offers when saving (or loading) programs.
This has the name of the file used with SAVE command.
eo.jpg
eo.jpg (83 KiB) Viewed 2173 times
XavSnap

Post by XavSnap »

harff.. ok!

Xavier ...on the Facebook groupe : "Zx81 France"(fr)