Hi-speed loadings for zx81

Any discussions related to the creation of new hardware or software for the ZX80 or ZX81
PokeMon

Re: Hi-speed loadings for zx81

Post by PokeMon »

zsolt wrote: 2.) Karl's 3 examples: SlotMachinesV1-V2 and the ZX81DEMO.WAV:
PokeMon wrote:If program is not loaded, could you cancel the loader by pressing SPACE button ?
As you can see on video,

V1: it seems that the fast loader part of the program starts later than data from WAV - the SPACE terminates.
V2: the system collapsed
ZX81DEMO: i tried and did not work, the system restarted.
Well I don't know, some people can load with no problems. I am not sure what it is, maybe another standard in hungary. :mrgreen:

I tried the HLG Version 3 but did not work either. Anyway I do only have 1k RAM available now. :shock:
zsolt

Post by zsolt »

PokeMon wrote:Well I don't know, some people can load with no problems. I am not sure what it is, maybe another standard in hungary. :mrgreen:

I tried the HLG Version 3 but did not work either. Anyway I do only have 1k RAM available now. :shock:
This is a very unfortunate situation. :? Do one final test with these two files, please (both 1K)
HLG4ZX81-3a.zip
(3.39 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
If it does not work, i give it up - no more idea.

Thanks,
Zsolt
ZX81 (8K), ENTERPRISE 128, [ZX SPECTRUM (48K,+,+128K,+2,+2A), TS1000, TS1500, TS2068, Cambridge Z88, PRIMO A64 (red)]
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

Sorry Zsolt,

just tested both new files (wavs) - but no success.
I tried 3 or 4 times with resetting inbetween.
After tried my own ZX81DEMO.wav with success after first try.

But today tested my USB interface and had some trouble when loading new version with fastloader.
Sometime have to try second time, had one file (maybe depending on file content) which did not work at all.
Don't know what it is, maybe have to test different patterns, but will do some time later when I have time for it.
In the meanwhile I use the slow mode which is working every time - even took a bit longer to load.
But my test programs are not too long.

But the files I uploaded here have been loaded always with the first try.
So don't worry - think it's not so easy as it looks. :?