ZX-IDE Tutorial for programming assembler and ZX BASIC

Any discussions related to the creation of new hardware or software for the ZX80 or ZX81
bru65pag

Re: ZX-IDE Tutorial for programming assembler and ZX BASIC

Post by bru65pag »

I found the reason. It's an extended ASCII code (F7 in my case) that creates the issue.
flodi

Post by flodi »

I'm new to ZX81 Assembly, new to ZX-IDE and I'm also trying to use it on Mac through Wine :mrgreen: That said, I have a problem. I load the ZX81 demo found in the package and I try to compile, but I get an error: https://d.pr/i/qhzl7l

Please help :oops:
Andy Rea

Post by Andy Rea »

Should be

IN A,($FE)
what's that Smell.... smells like fresh flux and solder fumes...
luke_nm

Post by luke_nm »

Hi PokeMon,

I've had a play around with ZX-IDE in windows, and it works great! Thanks for developing such a useful tool!

I am interested in running FASMW-ZX on the Linux CLI, so I can compile from a script. I found an old copy of the sources on the FlatAsm board, but that seems to be an older version (2014) compared with the one posted here (08/2017), except the version posted here doesn't include the source.

I tried compiling the 2014 version for Linux (with a few fixes), but it Segfaults. I think that it is maybe because the FlatAsm version is too old. I was able to get the Windows CLI version compiled (also with a few fixes), and tested to work under Wine.

Is it possible for you to post the latest sources, and/or compile a CLI version - I'd prefer a Linux native CLI, but am happy to use Wine, I'm happy to try to get it to compile if you don't have time, although I don't know anything about x86 assembly.
Do you have a public source repository, eg. GitHub?
Do you mind if I post the source code to GitHub?

Thanks again for such a useful tool!

Cheers,
Luke.
bru65pag

Post by bru65pag »

Good afternoon,

Happy new year to the SINCLAIR ZX WORLD community.

It was asked a few times already, but I thought I would give it another try for the new year: @PokeMon, would that be possible to publish the source code for the ZX-IDE? I'm running into problems with using wine on my LINUX machine (mainly display issues). Porting ZX-IDE to Linux seems like a nice project to tackle in 2022; putting it as an open source GitHub project, would make it a collaborative project, and would insure maintainability.

Let us know.

In all cases, thanks a lot for developing ZX-IDE, from all the solutions I tested, this is the most efficient I found so far. The ability to mix assembly and BASIC, the use of labels in BASIC, the avoidance of line numbering, etc..., makes it the perfect solution for fast development (code/test/debug).
mrtinb

Post by mrtinb »

I don't know the requirements for ZX-IDE, but if it'll work in Windows 98/98 then maybe running Windows 95/98 under DOSBOX would give a better experience.
Martin
https://zx.rtin.be
ZX81, Lambda 8300, Commodore 64, Mac G4 Cube
marste

Post by marste »

luke_nm wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:41 am Hi PokeMon,

I've had a play around with ZX-IDE in windows, and it works great! Thanks for developing such a useful tool!

I am interested in running FASMW-ZX on the Linux CLI, so I can compile from a script. I found an old copy of the sources on the FlatAsm board, but that seems to be an older version (2014) compared with the one posted here (08/2017), except the version posted here doesn't include the source.

I tried compiling the 2014 version for Linux (with a few fixes), but it Segfaults. I think that it is maybe because the FlatAsm version is too old. I was able to get the Windows CLI version compiled (also with a few fixes), and tested to work under Wine.

Is it possible for you to post the latest sources, and/or compile a CLI version - I'd prefer a Linux native CLI, but am happy to use Wine, I'm happy to try to get it to compile if you don't have time, although I don't know anything about x86 assembly.
Do you have a public source repository, eg. GitHub?
Do you mind if I post the source code to GitHub?

Thanks again for such a useful tool!

Cheers,
Luke.
Just to say that if you're interested in pure assembler programming here on the forum some time ago I posted a starter kit that it's using fasm next gen assembler with the ez80 includes