Difference between New rom and Old Rom

Anything Sinclair ZX Basic related; history, development, tips - differences between BASIC on the ZX80 and ZX81
Lardo Boffin

Re: Difference between New rom and Old Rom

Post by Lardo Boffin »

Do you mean the ZX81 ROM with the math error?

I have sold a couple of these to people on this site - maybe they have the facility to dump them? I have a buggy ROM but no way to dump it.

Lardo
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY and +, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
Tatung 81 + Wespi
TS 1500 & 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 862)
Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Like Lardo I too have said ROM so will have a play around tonight by fitting it to my test zeddy and dumping its contents to the ZXpand, save it and post on here as a P file if that helps?
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

As promised the old bugged ROM in P file format.

To view load into ZXspand at suitable address as per the manual (I chose 32767) or block load into Eighty One.

To turn this into something usable I leave to others as my learning doesn't stretch that far. :oops:
Attachments
OLDROM.P
(8 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
RetroTechie

Post by RetroTechie »

Thanks for your trouble Moggy! :)

Works as-is as ZX81 ROM (in emulators at least). Simply rename .p -> .rom or .bin as desired.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

No trouble RT glad to help will rename as you suggested and try it out in Eighty One. :D

EDIT.
Just realised this ROM already exits in the ROM folder of Eighty One!!!! :oops: :oops:
Crayon21

Post by Crayon21 »

Moggy wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:17 pm No trouble RT glad to help will rename as you suggested and try it out in Eighty One. :D

EDIT.
Just realised this ROM already exits in the ROM folder of Eighty One!!!! :oops: :oops:
someone slipped on the proverbial banana peel :lol:
In Heck, there are two options for perpetual torment:

Eat the Puckerberry and suffer for eternity:
drink nothing but a cocktail of The Last Dab and Mexican Cake blended and served with
habanero slices
:twisted:
mrtinb

Post by mrtinb »

Crayon21 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:08 am (sigh) is there an assembler for the zx81 already out there?
Many!
Someone also made a starting guide for cross compiling on a PC, if that's what you prefer.
Martin
https://zx.rtin.be
ZX81, Lambda 8300, Commodore 64, Mac G4 Cube
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

If you posses a ZXpand I can supply the EPROM code for the Memotech Z80 assembler interface which when loaded in the ZXpand to the address in the memory map this interface occupies allows the ZXpand to imitate the device.

The self running P file loaded from the memory card does all that is needed for this then just follow the manual which I can also supply.
mrtinb

Post by mrtinb »

Moggy wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:29 pm If you posses a ZXpand I can supply the EPROM code for the Memotech Z80 assembler interface which when loaded in the ZXpand to the address in the memory map this interface occupies allows the ZXpand to imitate the device.

The self running P file loaded from the memory card does all that is needed for this then just follow the manual which I can also supply.
You see, that’s something I would like to try.
Martin
https://zx.rtin.be
ZX81, Lambda 8300, Commodore 64, Mac G4 Cube
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Here you are Martin.

In the folder are three files. ASSEMBLE.P ASMBIN.P and finally the text manual.

Making sure the two P files are in the same folder. Load the self running file ASSEMBLE.P which will then do two things.

1) It lowers ramtop down to the example shown in the manual. The two pokes in the listing for ASSEMBLE.P can be altered to what ever suits you, I used this setting only to illustrate the manuals example.

2) It will then load the ROM code (ASMBIN.P) to an address in the ZXpand identical to the one the original interface occupied(12288), the zeddy then resets leaving the code in place.

Once this is done just read the manual and away you go!!

The assembler listing is divided into three columns and to go from column one to column two/three you have to shift Z which is ok on original membrane keyboard but if using the Memotech Keyboard it sometimes leaps an extra space so you have to erase and start again which is a bit of a pain but much fun all the same.

Have fun!! :D
Attachments
z80assenbler.zip
(11 KiB) Downloaded 304 times