BASIC drawing proggy

Anything Sinclair ZX Basic related; history, development, tips - differences between BASIC on the ZX80 and ZX81
zxooner

BASIC drawing proggy

Post by zxooner »

hey all,

I've written a very simple drawing proggy to use on my unexpanded zeddy and I'm pretty happy with it.

***edit*** there is now an 'ascii' version with save and print options, too.

You litterally move the pointer around the screen with the four keys, then the T key will raise or lower the pen and allow you to draw or erase. It does everything I need really and I can get a simple picture done before it bombs out of available memory.

One thing I would like, however, is the ability to save the drawing once it has been made on the screen, and I hijacked @mrtinb's thread, to that effect. Got some good suggestions on that thread, so once I have been able to expand the RAM (either with the blank screen ram pack that i cant get to work, or with the ZXpand+ that I have pre-ordered) i will report back.

the BASIC proggy that I use to draw
the BASIC proggy that I use to draw
example drawing
example drawing
Last edited by zxooner on Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
low res art for the Public Domain at the ArtBeSassy archive.
Paul

Re: BASIC drawing proggy

Post by Paul »

Very well done!
Kind regards Paul
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
zxooner

Post by zxooner »

Thank you Paul; I'm loving learning my way around this lil machine! Wish I'd got ones years ago \m/
mrtinb

Post by mrtinb »

As you can see in many threads on this forum, the general problem with the 16K RAMpack is bad capacitors.

You could open it up and replace the capacitors, and that might fix your RAMpack.
Martin
https://zx.rtin.be
ZX81, Lambda 8300, Commodore 64, Mac G4 Cube
zxooner

Post by zxooner »

mrtinb wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:22 pm As you can see in many threads on this forum, the general problem with the 16K RAMpack is bad capacitors.

You could open it up and replace the capacitors, and that might fix your RAMpack.
I got a chance to open it up earlier and as soon as I saw them there I had a similar thought! Hoping to get some time to have a closer look at the weekend so will report back if I have any success on that front.
Lardo Boffin

Post by Lardo Boffin »

I have a couple of dead Sinclair 16K RAM packs you are welcome to for the price of p&p (from the UK) - there may be enough working components between them to get yours going.
ZX80
ZX81 iss 1 (bugged ROM, kludge fix, normal, rebuilt)
TS 1000 iss 3, ZXPand AY and +, ZX8-CCB, ZX-KDLX & ChromaSCART
Tatung 81 + Wespi
TS 1500 & 2000
Spectrum 16k (iss 1 s/n 862)
Spectrum 48ks plus a DIVMMC future and SPECTRA
zxooner

Post by zxooner »

Lardo Boffin wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:09 am I have a couple of dead Sinclair 16K RAM packs you are welcome to for the price of p&p (from the UK) - there may be enough working components between them to get yours going.
Thank you so much! That would be awesome. I'm not sure if I can DM yet; will see if I can send my details now.
Dim_75

Post by Dim_75 »

Pretty good drawing and a simple program !
zxooner

Post by zxooner »

Dim_75 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:52 am Pretty good drawing and a simple program !
Thank you @Dim_75! One day I will create a masterpiece and the wife will have to let me leave the zeddy switched on forever if I can't save by then :lol:
Paul

Post by Paul »

zxooner wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:48 pm I'm not sure if I can DM yet; will see if I can send my details now.
Did it work?
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.