Astronomy Programs

Anything Sinclair ZX Basic related; history, development, tips - differences between BASIC on the ZX80 and ZX81
swensont

Astronomy Programs

Post by swensont »

Back in the day, one the books that I had to get was "
astro.zip
Basic Programs from "More Uses for the Timex Sinclair 1000: Astronomy"
(56.44 KiB) Downloaded 1093 times
More Uses for the Timex Sinclair 1000: Astronomy", by Eric Burgess and H. J. Burgess. This book was related to the book "Celestial Basic" which had programs for the Apple II. I don't think I typed any of the programs in, but recently I dusted off the book and made a concerted effort to type in a number of the programs. The attached zip file contains 12 programs. They all work with examples from the book. Some fail with current dates. Someone might find them useful.

Tim Swenson
blittled

Re: Astronomy Programs

Post by blittled »

Thank you for sharing. I had that book as well but I seemed to have lost it in one of my moves and I wanted the programs.
2X Timex Sinclair 1000, ZX81, ZX80Core, 5X 16K Ram Pack, ZXBlast, ZX P file to Ear Input Signal Converter, Elf II
desiv

Re: Astronomy Programs

Post by desiv »

Thanx!
I only got a couple of books with my new (to me) Zeddies, but this was one of them.
Saves me some typing!!! :-)

I also noticed that the "bookmark" the previous owner was using in that book was a piece of paper with hand-written functions..
I kind of recognized one of them, but that stuff was a long time ago....
So I popped part of it into google and... Differential equations!
The previous owner (one of them anyway) was using his Zeddie for Calculus!!!! :-) (And Astronomy)