1K Hires games NOT for sale, but FREE for download

General games-related topics
utz

Re: 1K Hires games NOT for sale, but FREE for download

Post by utz »

tried downloading the games package several times, doesn't work for me. strangely enough the source pdf download works fine.
dr beep

Post by dr beep »

utz wrote:tried downloading the games package several times, doesn't work for me. strangely enough the source pdf download works fine.
After downloading you need to unpack the games, you can't load them from a package into Eightyone.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

dr beep wrote:33 downloads of the games and 27 downloads of the sources, but only a few comments back here. Especially feedback of the programs running on real hardware is appriciated. Ideas for further games too.
I'm one of the downloaders. But as I am working this weekend and will be busy for the first part of next week, I'm unable to test yet :(
I will provide feedback once I have found the time to test. But I should say that ahead of this, I am still doing some testing of a new piece of hardware for the Spectrum (not my design) plus I wish to check a second-hand EPROM programmer that I recently received.

Then I should be able to test on real hardware (I have at least three operational Zeddies) :mrgreen:

Thanks Dr Beep.

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
Paul

Post by Paul »

dr beep wrote:33 downloads of the games and 27 downloads of the sources, but only a few comments back here. Especially feedback of the programs running on real hardware is appriciated. Ideas for further games too.
Hi Dr. Beep
I'm not if my download tries were counted. I tried downloading the games twice but our Internet filters wouldn't let them thru. Maybe others have the same effects and can't test. When I am successful I will leave comments as asked for.
I also think it would be a good idea if you post a link to where you would like donations go to (I remember it was cancer related). I also want to donate as soon as the fresh money will be on my account end of this month.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
utz

Post by utz »

dr beep wrote:
utz wrote:tried downloading the games package several times, doesn't work for me. strangely enough the source pdf download works fine.
After downloading you need to unpack the games, you can't load them from a package into Eightyone.
what i meant was i can't download the package. sorry for not being clear.

edit: so it seems we're having problems with mediafire here in germany. maybe you could upload to a different hoster?
dr beep

Post by dr beep »

The games will become available here at RWAP with a fix on game 3.
dr beep

Post by dr beep »

New version with fix on Return.p

For RWAP : you may place the games at your site.

For everyone else: no mediafire this time!

Dr Beep
Attachments
OK.zip
(206.87 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

Today I tried your games with my new video circuit ZX81SCP.
So first all ten games could be loaded on original hardware with my ZX81-IDE ("Transfer other file") via PC and soundcard without any problems and first try.
And all the games seem to work as far as I could test.
I am not that gamer and guessed what keys to use and how to play.
So something happened after some key press tries. :mrgreen:

All HIRES games worked fine with my 1k Zeddy and my video circuit (with standby sync generator).
I had one mysterious effect with only one game, named RETURN.
Had one moving boil on a line from down to top (only half screen way) in about 2 or 3 seconds, after repeating from down to top.
Don't know exactly if this belongs to game / graphic. Maybe a timing error in the video section but not sure.

All other nine games seem to work without any conspicuousness.
Great work !
8-)
PokeMon

Post by PokeMon »

dr beep wrote:New version with fix on Return.p
Just saw it - did try your first version only - not the corrected version.
Maybe the graphic is okay now.
dr beep

Post by dr beep »

PokeMon wrote:Today I tried your games with my new video circuit ZX81SCP.
So first all ten games could be loaded on original hardware with my ZX81-IDE ("Transfer other file") via PC and soundcard without any problems and first try.
And all the games seem to work as far as I could test.
I am not that gamer and guessed what keys to use and how to play.
So something happened after some key press tries. :mrgreen:
Controls are mentioned on page1 of this thread.
All HIRES games worked fine with my 1k Zeddy and my video circuit (with standby sync generator).
I had one mysterious effect with only one game, named RETURN.
Had one moving boil on a line from down to top (only half screen way) in about 2 or 3 seconds, after repeating from down to top.
Don't know exactly if this belongs to game / graphic. Maybe a timing error in the video section but not sure.

All other nine games seem to work without any conspicuousness.
Great work !
8-)
Thanks for the feedback.

Something different:
I had an idea how to code PONG in hires in 1K. At this moment the screendisplay can handle a 184 x 192 pixel screen.

Also 2 ideas for games based on this concept :

Western Duel: You and another move a cowboy and shoot at eachother, when hit you will move slower until 4x hit you're dead

Squash : ressembles PONG, but controls at 1 side for both players and it bounces against the wall.