HUNCHBACK UDG.

General games-related topics
Moggy

HUNCHBACK UDG.

Post by Moggy »

Due to extreme pressure ( 10001 PM's saying DO IT DO IT ! ) from JohnsBargs to create this to the detriment of every thing else in my life, I have bitten the bullet and present to you lucky people , the ultimate in ZX81 gaming. **

LUNCHPACK UDG sorry that should read HUNCHBACK UDG!

Enjoy nine, YES NINE , levels of fast and frantic ( DO WHAT!?? ) gameplay. :o

Help Lunchpack in his quest to rescue the lovely Esmeralda ( who for some reason beyond my comprehension is never seen ) from the clutches of an equally invisible foe!

Dodge the solitary arrow that keeps turning up with unnerving frequency whilst leaping the vast cavernous battlements to ring that bell.

BASICally ( pun intended ) that's ye lot but at least the castle walls look pretty and things should run a tad faster after getting rid of some unused explosion code.

So.......

Real Zeddy.

Those of us lucky sods who possess the BIG BANG ROM, after loading, BREAK the program and do a CONFIG "X" the RUN again and things should be more bearable .

Equally lucky owners of Andy's UDG4 ZXpand board set it for 128.

For Eighty One and SZ-81.

All three files in the ZXpand folder, SZ-81 set for UDG, Eighty One set for CHR$ 128 no WRX.
Enable memory in the 8K region if like but it seems to work without it.

LOAD and RUN the P file HREM and it will do the rest.

Please enjoy, meanwhile having lost the will to live I will find a tall building and do the decent thing. :lol:

** Tongue very much in cheek.
Attachments
LUNCHPACK.zip
(3.22 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
Moggy

Re: HUNCHBACK UDG.

Post by Moggy »

Wow just read the reviews in in Gamers Weakly.

" I played it till I stopped...."

" So funny I laughed till I stopped...."

" Please make it STOP!...."

( Apologies, slow day and too much time on my hands. :lol: )
JohnsBargs

Post by JohnsBargs »

Can't get this to work at all. ZXpand is enabled, CHR$128 set, WRX off, all three files in the folder, but if I load HREM.P and run it I get a C/10 error.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

I'll assume you're using Eighty One?

C/10 indicates Zxpand not initiated even though you say it is. I long since gave up on Eighty One and it's various foibles and I'm not able to say why your copy is behaving as such, and I use SZ-81 instead as it doesn't take a muscle machine to run it and just emulates a ZX80/81 without out all the bells and whistles of Eighty One
JohnsBargs

Post by JohnsBargs »

Moggy wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:24 pm I'll assume you're using Eighty One?

C/10 indicates Zxpand not initiated even though you say it is. I long since gave up on Eighty One and it's various foibles and I'm not able to say why your copy is behaving as such, and I use SZ-81 instead as it doesn't take a muscle machine to run it and just emulates a ZX80/81 without out all the bells and whistles of Eighty One
Yes, EightyOne. But ZXpand is enabled, because it has the banner thing at the top of the screen.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

After loading HREM.P, don't RUN it but LIST it. Line 10 should read 10 CONFIG M=L If it reads 10 LLIST M=L then the ZXpand is not initialising for some reason, i believe sometimes the INI file for Eighty One can be at fault and requires some kind of resetting but that's only an amateurs guess on my part.

Why the ZXpand mode isn't working I cannot say as I'm only an "end user" not a teccie and have no clue about what goes on under the bonnet of Eighty One or any other emulator which is why I stick with the simplicity of SZ-81 and it would need some one with greater knowledge than my own to sort it out. :oops:

I've just downloaded the zip file again and tried it on my Eighty One ( V 1:31 on WIN 7 64 bit ) and it works perfectly, sorry I cannot help any further.