ZX81 1k resource management game

General games-related topics
jr10021

ZX81 1k resource management game

Post by jr10021 »

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help me find some information about the game I saw and played on my cousin's 1k ZX81 (in 1981/2) that got me into computing. It was a type in resource management type game - you had to allocate resources to food and some other things, and you would get a message telling you how the people responded. At the time, I remember being blown away (as a 9 year old megalomaniac :)). I then got a ZX81 myself and seem to recall typing it in from a silver coloured games book (UK). Its all a bit hazy now 40+ years on, but I'd love to play the game again and have failed to track it down, so any ideas much appreciated!

Thanks,

Joe
christoph

Re: ZX81 1k resource management game

Post by christoph »

Hi,
there is a Game for the 1k ZX81 in the Book 34 Amazing Games for the 1k ZX81 by Alastair Gourlay.

Maybe you meant this one. If you need a scan of this program (because I could not find a pdf online) then I can send you the german version of this program :)

Greetings :)
salvacam

Post by salvacam »

In 2021 they recovered this game, although in that you only managed food.
https://zx81hoy.gitlab.io/2021/12/29/kingdom
The blog is in Spanish, the game is in English and Spanish

It can also be Dictator
http://www.zx81stuff.org.uk/zx81/tape/Dictator
My games

ZX81 hoy Blog (in Spanish) of new games and applications for the ZX81
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

I have a silver coloured book called 49 explosive games for the ZX81 but sadly it doesn't contain anything remotely like what you describe for the ZX81.

However some ZX80 games are included and there is a ZX80 game called space station which does include the things you describe, IE food allocation resource management etc.

This is for the ZX80 with at least 4k memory and not a 1k ZX81 so is it possible that memories of 40 years ago are a bit blurred and this is the game you may have converted for the ZX81 C/W 16k memory?
jr10021

Post by jr10021 »

Thanks all - such great knowledge on here. Yes - I'm sure it was in the book 34 amazing games for the 1k ZX81 (Alistair Gourlay) - seeing the cover of that book brings back memories! Seems to be no pdf or other version of that book available online - I'd love a listing of the game if there is one that can be shared. Thanks again!