General games-related topics
dr beep

Re: YAHTK

Post by dr beep »

@Moggy,

and this game wasn't even hard to code.
I did not write over sysvar,
I did not use compressed screen,
I didn't need optimization since the code still has room to code.

Even adding 2 bytes for swapping dice was easy.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

It's still a wonderful effort Johan and bloody quick too :lol: I can also confirm the double yahtzee and joker routine works!

Just as a side issue I have noticed that certain 1k programs, 1k FIDE chess for example, when used with the nocash emulator show a chunk of constantly changing memory at the bottom of the screen and YAHTK does the same with a couple of characters changing with every die roll.
Not of any use but interesting all the same.
dr beep

Post by dr beep »

Moggy wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:36 pm It's still a wonderful effort Johan and bloody quick too :lol: I can also confirm the double yahtzee and joker routine works.
Picture or it is not true, just kidding.
Easy solution to write the bonus to yahtzee 100 positions.
Just as a side issue I have noticed that certain 1k programs, 1k FIDE chess for example, when used with the nocash emulator show a chunk of constantly changing memory at the bottom of the screen and YAHTK does the same with a couple of characters changing with every die roll.
Not of any use but interesting all the same.
Probably the compressed compressed screen that is not supported in that emulator. (2x compressed is NOT a typo)

My 1997 emulator would do something like that too.
That is 1 of the reasons I wrote Sp-2-zx81 in 2020.

The Spectrum NEXT emulator will not show it correct neither, and even some other characters on the screen.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Usually real kit for me Johan and I only tried nocash to see if it behaved like the 1k chess.

Trust me when I get the double Yahtzee again there will be pictures! :lol: