Pool or Snooker on ZX81???

General games-related topics
Its1982again

Pool or Snooker on ZX81???

Post by Its1982again »

Been going thru the offerings of Pool and Snooker games for the Speccy recently. Steve Davis Snooker was/is something of a miracle and still very playable on that 48k machine! Anyway now I'm wondering if there is or was anything for the ZX81 of that nature. I know there's the text only snooker but I'm not going to include that! πŸ˜†
ZX80 (white psu)
Issue 1 ZX81
32k comp mod ZX81 filesixty keyboard
Issue 1 Spectrum
Issue 2 Specrum
Toastrack
Issue 3 in Lo-Profile keyboard
Harlequin 128
DivMMC future
vdrive
TZXduino
ZX printer
Alphacom printer
bobs

Re: Pool or Snooker on ZX81???

Post by bobs »

It would be quite a fun thing to write 8-)
Its1982again

Post by Its1982again »

bobs wrote: ↑Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:37 pm It would be quite a fun thing to write 8-)
Bob!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

No kickstarter though, just itch or Cronosoft like you normally do! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
ZX80 (white psu)
Issue 1 ZX81
32k comp mod ZX81 filesixty keyboard
Issue 1 Spectrum
Issue 2 Specrum
Toastrack
Issue 3 in Lo-Profile keyboard
Harlequin 128
DivMMC future
vdrive
TZXduino
ZX printer
Alphacom printer
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

"And for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green"… Ted Lowe.

Sounds just right for the ZX81 version :lol:

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
dr beep

Post by dr beep »

Its1982again wrote: ↑Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:18 pm Been going thru the offerings of Pool and Snooker games for the Speccy recently. Steve Davis Snooker was/is something of a miracle and still very playable on that 48k machine! Anyway now I'm wondering if there is or was anything for the ZX81 of that nature. I know there's the text only snooker but I'm not going to include that! πŸ˜†
Allthough no pool or snooker I still have in mind to code my bouncing balls games for the ZX81.

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/entry/2 ... cing_Balls
TMD2003

Post by TMD2003 »

Seeing as I've just found this thread, two months late... how hard can it be, as long as you understand the calculations needed for a simple Spectrum snooker game, such as the one Visions made that fit into the 16K model?

About the only problem I can see is that all the "balls" will be limited to whole-square movements; it'd be a bit tricky to use the quarter-square graphics for twice the precision, without the accompanying colour. With the whole-square graphics you can at least have 0 for the cue ball, 1 for the reds, 2 for the yellow and so on. You could do pool like that as well - 1-8 for the solid colours, A-G for the stripes, 0 or O for the cue ball.
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!