Very addictive puzzle games

General games-related topics
zsolt

Very addictive puzzle games

Post by zsolt »

Dear Zeddy Fans,

I hope you are well despite the pandemic. At the beginning of the first (stay at home) period, I made a to-do list, and now (six months later :mrgreen: ) I took the first step: rearranging my already completed and unfinished projects.

I found two small (1K) games from 2019 (year of the" compression") , one of which is the well-known 2048 by Gabriele Cirulli.

I played a lot with the original game (and also Charlie’s zx81 port) and thought I’d make a 1K version for the 5th anniversary of its release. Due to its open-source state, it was not too hard - apart from small program and screen memory.

2K_in_1K.zip
for me, it wasn’t “just a weekend project”
(5.65 KiB) Downloaded 201 times

Then i read the footer of Gabriele's game: "... conceptually similar to Threes by Asher Vollmer"

and then this (web.archive.org)

If you google for "threes vs 2048", you will find very interesting articles.

I was very curious about this game and at first glance i liked it - since then i have a new addiction.

3S_in_1K.zip
So i made a 1K clone of THREES!
(5.77 KiB) Downloaded 193 times

Enjoy,
Zsolt
ZX81 (8K), ENTERPRISE 128, [ZX SPECTRUM (48K,+,+128K,+2,+2A), TS1000, TS1500, TS2068, Cambridge Z88, PRIMO A64 (red)]
Bukster

Re: Very addictive puzzle games

Post by Bukster »

Looks good, I like the game over sequence. I'll have to read up on how to play this game. I had no idea what I was doing.