"In nihilum reverteris" a big text-adventure game in English (AY music / hi-res)

General games-related topics
Moggy

Re: "In nihilum reverteris" a big text-adventure game in English (AY music / hi-res)

Post by Moggy »

Works for me in V1.29 although the sound is awful but then Eighty One's AY has never worked so playable but without sound.

Works perfectly ok both graphically and audio wise in SZ-81 emulator, the music is a tad repetitive though in my opinion.
David G

Re: "In nihilum reverteris" a big text-adventure game in English (AY music / hi-res)

Post by David G »

thanks

sz81p.exe plays the sound, but still no picture. Sometimes pressing A results in dots of the screen (or the program exits)

I see the Nihilum instructions say to "put all files in the Root folder", Any ideas what this specifically means? I put all files (INR.p and INR.wad) in the same folder as sz81p.exe
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

You obviously are using the ZXpand version of SZ-81 (should say ZXPAND+ 1.13 "MOGGY" on the boot screen ) if so have you set it for WRX in the menu?

If not just mouse click in the display area of SZ-81 and click on the screwdriver icon that appears at top right.
In the menu that appears set WRX to on and UDG to off then save and exit, that is all that should be required.
SZ-81 is a very simple emulator compared to Eighty One but handles just about anything thrown at it and it's ZX81 AY implementation is the best in my opinion so there should be no problem.

I understand there are Linux versions of SZ-81 whereas I use a windows version so not sure if there is a fundamental difference between the two should you be using Linux.

If you are using a windows version and still have no luck then I will post my version of the emulator as it is stand-alone if memory serves and take it from there.
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

You are obviously using the ZXpand version of SZ-81 (should say ZXPAND+ 1.13 "MOGGY" on the boot screen ) if so have you set it for WRX in the menu?

If not just mouse click in the display area of SZ-81 and click on the screwdriver icon that appears at top right.
In the menu that appears set WRX to on and UDG to off then save and exit, that is all that should be required.
SZ-81 is a very simple emulator compared to Eighty One but handles just about anything thrown at it and its ZX81 AY implementation is the best in my opinion so there should be no problem.

Make sure the 2 files are in the ZXpand folder of the emulator and navigate to them via load menu, mouse click on the SZ-81 display area then mouse click on the cassette icon at the top of the screen to bring up the menu and navigate to the ZXpand folder for the program.

I understand there are Linux versions of SZ-81 whereas I use a windows version so not sure if there is a fundamental difference between the two should you be using Linux.

If you are using a windows version and still have no luck then I will post my version of the emulator as it is stand-alone if memory serves and take it from there.
David G

Post by David G »

Yay! it is working. And it looks fantastic

Make sure the 2 files are in the ZXpand folder of the emulator
That did the trick. Thanks again
Its1982again

Post by Its1982again »

Is this playable on zx81 with vla81, internal 32k and original zon x-81? If so what should I set memory to for wrx?

Regards, David
ZX80 (white psu)
Issue 1 ZX81
32k comp mod ZX81 filesixty keyboard
Issue 1 Spectrum
Issue 2 Specrum
Toastrack
Issue 3 in Lo-Profile keyboard
Harlequin 128
DivMMC future
vdrive
TZXduino
ZX printer
Alphacom printer
mrtinb

Post by mrtinb »

This interactive book needs a ZXpand.
Martin
https://zx.rtin.be
ZX81, Lambda 8300, Commodore 64, Mac G4 Cube