Looking for a game

General games-related topics
ieure

Looking for a game

Post by ieure »

At some point in the early-to-mid 1990s, I spent some time messing around with a ZX81 emulator for MS-DOS. I had a Timex-Sinclair 1000, but no software, nor any way to move programs from PC to tape, so mostly I used the emulator.

My recollection is that the game was called "Graffity" -- spelled just like that -- and it was mostly a clone of the arcade game Crush Roller (aka Make Trax). You had a rolling paintbrush, but instead of a maze, it was a series of squares, and painting around all four sides of a square turned it black. You had to paint all the squares to advance to the next level. I think when you died, it would put up a message over the board, "more haste = less speed" or something very similar to that.

I've since tried to locate a copy, but haven't turned it up. I remember it being quite good, and would like to play it again.

Does anyone remember this game, and can someone point me to a copy of it?
dessony

Re: Looking for a game

Post by dessony »

Yes, I do and I still have that game! It was written by the great late Dr. Carlo Delhez! I will upload that software here. :-)

Cheers,
Dessony
dessony

Post by dessony »

Graffity game upload is here! Thank to the great late Dr. Carlo Delhez for his effort!

Enjoy that game once more!

Cheers,
Dessony
Attachments
GRAFFITY.P
(7.03 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
XavSnap

Post by XavSnap »

Hi,

Yes, was enclosed in the Xtender1.22 archive.

https://www.zophar.net/sinclair/xtender-xtender2.html
Have fun.
Xavier ...on the Facebook groupe : "Zx81 France"(fr)
RetroTechie

Post by RetroTechie »

You might also want to check out "Damper", aka Colour Clash on the Spectrum. Download here:

www.zx81.nl/dload/software/d/
Sumila

Post by Sumila »

Thank you RetroTechie for the game "Damper" , but I am unable to install it. at the time of wnzipping its giving me error, I am using winrar!! do I need to use other unzipping program? please tell me
RWAP

Post by RWAP »

The p file is attached - which might be easier - Windows 10 extracted the zip file without any problem.

Were you trying to "install" it or just "unzip" - you need to unzip it and then use an emulator, such as EightyOne to load the p file.
Attachments
DAMPER.P
(7.51 KiB) Downloaded 191 times