a galaxion clone with UDG's

General games-related topics
Moggy

a galaxion clone with UDG's

Post by Moggy »

A conversion of a galaxion clone taken from a file found at Simon Holdsworth's excellent site....

http://www.zx81stuff.org.uk/zx81/tape/G ... sAndGloops.

Keeping the three files in the same folder load and run GALIXREM.P which will load and set the UDG's then it will load the main program which isn't self running so just run and follow on screen instructions for speed, fire rate and swoop rate.
(in the absence of any instructions that came with the file I deduce a number between 1-9 is required for each)

another one for external keyboards I think as it's damn fast especially for a klutz like me! :lol:

UDG board owners please set to 128 and for Eighty one users make sure CHR$16 is set and ZXpand mode on.
The REM loader works for both emulator and real zeddy (thanks Andy for putting me right on that one)
Attachments
galaxian.zip
(4.52 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
Andy Rea

Re: a galaxion clone with UDG's

Post by Andy Rea »

Cool, can't give it a go just yet not near any real hardware or eightyone equipped PC...

Andy
what's that Smell.... smells like fresh flux and solder fumes...
gammaray

Post by gammaray »

I'm not having any luck. Scrambled eggs on screen (digitized camoflauge). EO settings?

I don't know if this was the fix but ... I saved a config ini file from menu...also set to 16K... ill retest
5-TS1000,UK ZX81<-Sheelagh, US ZX81, 2-TS1500/KDLX , 3-TS2040 printer, 2-TS2020 cassette decks, ZXPAND+AY, ZeddyNET, ZXBlast, UDG, ZX8CCB, AERCO, BUILDS/REPAIRS ZX Spectrum, ZX80 Minstrel, ZXMAX48 v1 v2, 2-TS-2068, ROM, 16kRAM
Andy Rea

Post by Andy Rea »

works okay for me... you have to have CHR$16 selected and make sure HI-RES is set to NONE

one thing i cant help is maybe it should have been called attack of the killer carrots :D

it is mighty fast :-)

Andy
what's that Smell.... smells like fresh flux and solder fumes...
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

One error I made was saying it required values between 1-9 for speed etc.

Try entering 0 for all three values much more playable then. :D
Jungsi

Post by Jungsi »

Thanks for the UDG conversions - I like them a lot.

I've tested this one with the following hardware:
UDG set to 128
ZXpand (the older one) with firmware 2.61

After loading GALIXREM.P und doing RUN the game doesn't start and I get back the message "C/10" on the screen.
My Blog (in German): http://www.jungsi.de