What to write next...?

General games-related topics
bobs

Re: What to write next...?

Post by bobs »

Rink wrote:An RPG? It's my stock answer to any question like this... because I basically only play RPGs and don't have enough good 8-bit ones away from the NES.
Perfectly happy to do an RPG - but I don't really play them myself, so I'd need somebody to design it all for me.
Rink

Post by Rink »

bobs wrote:Perfectly happy to do an RPG - but I don't really play them myself, so I'd need somebody to design it all for me.
If it's something you fancy doing, I'd happily work on a game with you.

Have a think. I know that team projects can be much tougher going than just sitting down and doing something on your own... so I wouldn't be offended if you wanted to do something else.
bobs

Post by bobs »

Rink wrote:
bobs wrote:Perfectly happy to do an RPG - but I don't really play them myself, so I'd need somebody to design it all for me.
If it's something you fancy doing, I'd happily work on a game with you.

Have a think. I know that team projects can be much tougher going than just sitting down and doing something on your own... so I wouldn't be offended if you wanted to do something else.
Okay then - it's probably best if you have a good think about the game, and then PM me some thoughts?
Rink

Post by Rink »

Will do fella.
yalokinh

Post by yalokinh »

Ive been thinkin "adventure would be cool. Originally for atari 2600. Would need several screens and some puzzle solving. Adventure II was an even longer game. Graphics are super basic, you are a dot. You pick stuff up by walking into it, and slay dragons by touching them with your sword. About the only problem i see immediately is the membrane keyboard.
bobs

Post by bobs »

yalokinh wrote:Ive been thinkin "adventure would be cool. Originally for atari 2600. Would need several screens and some puzzle solving. Adventure II was an even longer game. Graphics are super basic, you are a dot. You pick stuff up by walking into it, and slay dragons by touching them with your sword. About the only problem i see immediately is the membrane keyboard.
I know of Adventure, but haven't really seen it or played it, so I therefore had a quick look on YouTube and it would be quite simple to make a ZX81 version of it.

Is this just something you'd like to play on an '81, or do you have designs in your head for such a game? As the '81 is more advanced than the 2600 we could probably do something better and larger than that, if somebody is interested in designing it...
Jungsi

Post by Jungsi »

What about the game Assembloids? There is an version for C64, Atari 800XL and somone is working on a version for Atari 2600. Here is the link to the C64 version: http://rgcd.bigcartel.com/product/assem ... mmodore-64 - I like this game on every platform.....
The biggest problem I can see ist about colour......
My Blog (in German): http://www.jungsi.de
sirmorris

Post by sirmorris »

Looks like a nice game..
bobs

Post by bobs »

Jungsi wrote:What about the game Assembloids? There is an version for C64, Atari 800XL and somone is working on a version for Atari 2600. Here is the link to the C64 version: http://rgcd.bigcartel.com/product/assem ... mmodore-64 - I like this game on every platform.....
The biggest problem I can see ist about colour......
Looks interesting... similar in concept to a ZX Spectrum games I wrote a few years ago called Factory Daze, but I'd like a little more of a challenge.
Shaun_B

Post by Shaun_B »

Berserk in a ZX81 stylee: yes.

I wonder if a Buggy Boy alike game could be done?

Regards,

Shaun.