The best ZX81 emulator for Linux?

Emulator and emulator development specific topics
olofsen

Re: The best ZX81 emulator for Linux?

Post by olofsen »

Just to be sure - did you set the memory of sz81 to 56k (With 16k -the default - it gives blank screens)?
MOB-i-L

Post by MOB-i-L »

olofsen wrote:Just to be sure - did you set the memory of sz81 to 56k (With 16k -the default - it gives blank screens)?
No, now when I configured 56k in the GUI it worked with WRX on RasPi!

The Makefile.z81 doesn't compile to executable files:
z80.c: In function 'mainloop':
z80.c:254: error: 'sdl_emulator' undeclared (first use in this function)
z80.c:254: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
z80.c:254: error: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [z80.o] Error 1

However, the xz81 that is built from z81-2.2 works on RasPi and it has option -x but works with WRX even if I don't set it. I also think the option should be described as 56k and not 64k as it is now, since the ROM is probably write-protected. In z81-2.2 there is also a sz81 that claims to be using sixel-graphics, but I haven't tested it in an Xterm with sixel-graphics. Wouldn't it be better to change name of that, because now the SDL-version has the same name.
olofsen

Post by olofsen »

Indeed; I've changed the program name "sz81" in z81-2.2 to "z81s" in the present source, and will have a look at the inconsistencies that you mentioned. I think the ".z81" files are the files from the original package upon which sz81 is based.
MOB-i-L

Post by MOB-i-L »

swensont wrote:I've compiled zxtext2p and zx81list for Linux. I put them in /usr/local/bin and can run them from any directory.
Does zx81list convert to code readable by zxtext2p? Does zx81list use the same three-character strings for the ZX81 graphics characters as zxtext2p uses?

Did your zx81list come from here?
ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sincl ... ols/amiga/

According to that p2txt.c, ZX81LIST2.C, and ZX81LIST.C do not seem to handle the graphics characters so that the bas-file can be back-converted to a p-file.