Eightyone emulator tools issue

Emulator and emulator development specific topics
loftcat

Eightyone emulator tools issue

Post by loftcat »

Hi, I'm having a minor problem with the Eightone emulator. When enabling the Basic Listing on the Tools menu, or the on-screen keyboard map from the from the Help menu the boxes do not appear on the screen. Other boxes from the tools menu (eg Wav loader) display fine. I think the problem goes back to when I was using two screens a while back, so I suspect the boxes are appearing off screen. Does anyone now if there's a way to reset the relative locations of the boxes? I thought I could simply delete the Eightyone folder, download another copy, unzip and use that but it's still the same, so I think the location is held by Windows outside the zipped files.
loftcat

Re: Eightyone emulator tools issue

Post by loftcat »

Resolved! I found the ini file located in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\EightyOne.
There's a lot of properties in there but I didn't have any particular settings to preverse, so deleted the EightyOne.ini file, re-ran the emulator and a new ini file is generated with the tools boxes popping up correctly on the screen.
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

I often get this problem with various applications and windows. I just reconnect my second screen, move all the windows, then disconnect it again.

Given that the system (hardware and the OS) knows when a second screen is connected, you would have thought that the OS would have handled this better, but no :-(

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
Fruitcake

Post by Fruitcake »

You can reposition all windows automatically from within EightyOne using:
View -> Gather Windows.

And you can delete the current .ini file from within EightyOne using:
Options -> Configuration -> Reset To Default Settings
loftcat

Post by loftcat »

1024MAK wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:08 am I often get this problem with various applications and windows. I just reconnect my second screen, move all the windows, then disconnect it again.

Given that the system (hardware and the OS) knows when a second screen is connected, you would have thought that the OS would have handled this better, but no :-(

Mark
Yes, that was the first thing I tried but it didn't work this time for me with the emulator. Still, all sorted with the replacing the ini file!
loftcat

Post by loftcat »

Fruitcake wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:20 am You can reposition all windows automatically from within EightyOne using:
View -> Gather Windows.

And you can delete the current .ini file from within EightyOne using:
Options -> Configuration -> Reset To Default Settings
Fantastic, great tip thank you! 8-)