zx81 "load"

Emulator and emulator development specific topics
spilldig

zx81 "load"

Post by spilldig »

Wondering if anyone can help with a problem on the zx81 emulator version 0.43 ?
The emulator works well and I can save programmes on tzx or to tape, but I cannot get them to load.
As far as I know I have tried all the settings but maybe there is a combination of settings that I havn't got right.
Any help would be apreciated.
Tnx.
sirmorris

Re: zx81 "load"

Post by sirmorris »

Hi,

volume levels are crucial - you may need to go a lot higher than you think if you're playing back from the PC.

C
spilldig

Post by spilldig »

Hi sirmorris,
Thank,s for that.Well I am still trying I have had a go now with all sound levels but still no luck as yet.
I am reluctant to type in a massive programme that I can't use again, anyway I will keep trying.
spilldig

Post by spilldig »

Just to thank you again sirmorris and to say that everything is now working.I actually built a little filter on to the audio lead to do it and it now works every time. :D
makeit2day

Post by makeit2day »

spilldig wrote:Just to thank you again sirmorris and to say that everything is now working.I actually built a little filter on to the audio lead to do it and it now works every time. :D
Would it be possible for you to upload a diagram of your filter. Thanks :)
spilldig

Post by spilldig »

Hello makeit2day,
I can try and load a picture of the circuit to you but I am not quite sure how to do it on here so it may have to be sent to you as an email unless I can find a way to post it on here, but basically it is a stereo impedance matching unit but it appears to work on mono as well so perhaps you could just build one side of it and I think that would work.
XavSnap

Post by XavSnap »

Hi,
I used to use Wintzx, save my sound file to tape, then reread it with my cassette player.
Indeed, the computer's sound output is sometimes too weak to initiate the entry of ZX81.
By adjusting the tape player, sound may be amplified and can sometimes reger treble.
Regards.
Xavier ...on the Facebook groupe : "Zx81 France"(fr)