Can someone confirm something for me?

Emulator and emulator development specific topics
Moggy

Re: Can someone confirm something for me?

Post by Moggy »

Ah understood Mike. :D

I'm using win 7 and 10 just for reference.
mrtinb

Post by mrtinb »

MikeW wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:20 am I'm compiling from scratch with the latest 1.22 source on the web. However, I had to do a fair amount of fiddling to get the development environment running on am M1 Mac with parallels desktop. To make sure nothing untoward is happening I've put together a little Windows 7 machine to compile on.
Looking forward to a port to the M1 Mac. :mrgreen:
Martin
https://zx.rtin.be
ZX81, Lambda 8300, Commodore 64, Mac G4 Cube
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

mrtinb wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:48 pm Looking forward to a port to the M1 Mac. :mrgreen:
lol, Don't think that'll ever happen. Before I said the dev environment was running in parallels, but I spoke incorrectly - I've actually got it running in crossover. So yes, it does (kind of) run on my mac but C++Builder is only ever going to create x86/Windows code. Still, according to the Crossover website C++Builder won't even run on it.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-07-20 at 14.10.38.png
REX LIES IN WAIT
Paul

Post by Paul »

MikeW wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:26 pm but C++Builder is only ever going to create x86/Windows code
I'm afraid I can't agree here. The actual versions of Delphi and c++builder do create code for Linux, macos, iOS and Android as well.
They are available in a free version c++builder community edition.
The port of the GUI to firemonkey is the hard part. But it's not impossible.
I use the actual Delphi version at work and would be willing to help porting to the actual c++ builder. If there would be a limitation in the free version I could compile the releases on my company versions. It's just too big for a single person. Would you be willing to take up the task together with me?
Kind regards Paul
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

OK, wow, that's news to me.

Guess that's what comes from being out of the loop for so long. I thought builder/Delphi was long dead and buried. Something else for me to look into.

Today I was having a little fun... took the picture below and though to myself I never thought an emulator could look so authentic... of course the 15k CRT really helps with looking bad.
Attachments
IMG_0275.jpeg
REX LIES IN WAIT
1024MAK

Post by 1024MAK »

Hi Mike

Obviously if you are on a bug hunting mission, the ZX80/ZX81 bugs should be the first to be squashed :mrgreen:.

Over on the Spectrum Computing forums, some members there talk about some possible bugs with the ZX Spectrum Interface 1 and Microdrive emulation. See this topic.

Mark
ZX81 Variations
ZX81 Chip Pin-outs
ZX81 Video Transistor Buffer Amp

:!: Standby alert :!:
There are four lights!
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :!:
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
mrtinb

Post by mrtinb »

Moggy wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:10 pm Printer works ok for me. :?
Printning works for regular ROM calls, but some of the software with custom print routines doesn’t work.

WordSinc II.3
viewtopic.php?p=18848#p18848

viewtopic.php?p=28731#p28731

This is a word processor with lowercase letters and more than 32 chars per line.

Printing on a regular Alphacom32 works fine, but printing in EightyOne prints garbage.
Martin
https://zx.rtin.be
ZX81, Lambda 8300, Commodore 64, Mac G4 Cube
MikeW

Post by MikeW »

Well I've spent the day rewriting the sound code.

Got rid of the old multimedia timer and now everything is synchronised to the audio output. `it should make a big difference to the sound outout (he says, now expecting the fall). All I have to do now is plug the actual emolation core sound data into the new DSound code...

I wrote the original sound code as a placeholder, just to produce some noise until I could get round to writing the proper code. I guess 18 years is long enough to wait.
REX LIES IN WAIT