Problems lowering ramtop

Emulator and emulator development specific topics
Moggy

Problems lowering ramtop

Post by Moggy »

Just a quick question..
Some programs require lowering of ramtop before use , poke 16388/9 then new etc. However when I try this with EO or Vb81 , loading a tape or snapshot puts ramtop back to default setup; as if it RAND USR 0's itself before loading. My question is... Are these bugs, or am I doing something wrong?
Emulators are something I use just to test p files to see if they work ( a lot don't) before converting for real zeddy use so I'm not really up to speed on them. :?

Many thanks in advance. :D

Moggy.
Math123

Re: Problems lowering ramtop

Post by Math123 »

Hi Moggy,

I know this behavior of EO. My work-around is to avoit the autoload feature. Meaning you have to LOAD the file by pressing some keys (JPP).

If you have autoload enabled, EO will always make a reset before loading a file. I noticed this with my HRG-routine which needs RAMTOP to be lowered too.

Hope this was helpful
Matthias
Moggy

Post by Moggy »

Math123 wrote:Hi Moggy,

I know this behavior of EO. My work-around is to avoit the autoload feature. Meaning you have to LOAD the file by pressing some keys (JPP).

If you have autoload enabled, EO will always make a reset before loading a file. I noticed this with my HRG-routine which needs RAMTOP to be lowered too.

Hope this was helpful
Matthias

Hi math123

This is very helpful I wondered why I could not get Your hi-res stuff to work!!! :D
I now have the answer.

Vielen Dank

Moggy
XavSnap

Post by XavSnap »

Hi,

To avoid to reinit the RamTop on Vb81, just use the "load" basic function.
Use the file explorer to set the default path or réinit the ramtop to 16/32k.
Have fun.
Xavier ...on the Facebook groupe : "Zx81 France"(fr)